Titans injuries: Britt frustrated, McCarthy doubtful

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans receiver Kenny Britt has dealt with hamstring injuries during his career, and more recently surgeries on both his knees. Now he’s dealing with a sprained ankle from Sunday’s game against the Lions.

Britt, who missed practice again on Thursday, admits it’s been a tiring process.

“Very frustrating, very frustrating,’’ Britt said. “It’s like something I can’t get right, injury after injury. The last healthy season I had was my rookie year and ever since then it was just a downfall. It is something I can’t control. The only thing I can control is my rehab and trying to get back as soon as possible.”

Britt has seven catches for 60 yards in two games this season. He was suspended for the season opener against the Patriots.

Britt said he’s still sore, and he hopes to play on Sunday against the Texans.

But he made no promises.

“It’s possible. There’s no counting me out,’’ he said. “I am not counting myself out, so I am hoping I can go.”

Tight end Jared Cook practiced on a limited basis on Thursday, and said he expects to play on Sunday against the Texans. Cook suffered a shoulder injury against the Lions.

The news isn’t so good again for middle linebacker Colin McCarthy, who missed practice again Thursday and is expected to miss his third straight game with the ankle injury he suffered in the season opener. Coach Mike Munchak said McCarthy remains sore. Defensive tackle Mike Martin (foot) was limited in practice on Thursday but is expected to play against the Texans.

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

oh goody, Britt's frustrated... which means he's going to out drinking tonight >.>

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hope this is not a common trend for McCarthy

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Is anyone really surprised that Britt is injured? He's the Carmen Elektra of football, such a fcuking tease!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Some horses just need to be put down.

:deadhorse: Cows too.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Kenny Brittle

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Besides Locker, I was most excited to watch McCarthy play and develop this season. Really hope he can get back on the field for week 5. We need him in a major way.

8. overthetop

overthetop Camp Fodder

I was so excited to see McCarthy play in the regular season and it sucks hes still hasnt played. We need him on defenses is a bad way.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

That's what you get for playing a solidified starter in the preseason. Same for Mariani. Freaking stupid to have them play in the preseason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar