Titans Interested in Clements?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though the Titans are not allowed to comment on players who hit the free agent market on March 2, Buffalo CB Nate Clements appears to be on their list. Reports indicate Clements is also interested in the Titans. According to GM Mike Reinfeldt, the Titans will have around $20-$30 million available under the league’s $109 million salary cap once they tender their restricted free agents. Clements will be one of the hottest players to become a free agent this year and will get a lot of attention. Rumors already have the Redskins and Browns among the teams who will want to make a play for him.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How can Washington possibly afford him?

3. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

This would be a huge pick up!!!!!

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Your guess is as good as mine

5. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I know, it seems like Washington is always picking up big name FA's.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

wtf ?

we're going to spend $70million on RFA ?

7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I wouldn't put too much stock in this yet. Ty Law had us "high on his list" about this time last year, too...

Clements won't get the HUGE payday here he's looking for. I doubt a small market team will overpay for the guy. Which sucks, I'd love to snap up him and either Kerney or A.D., then draft WR and CB/S...

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

We have a different GM this year, he might be willing to offer a bigger contract, we also have more cap room than we did last year

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

It's a good point. I hope it happens. It's nice to be players in FA again, ain't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar