Titans interested in hiring Gregg Williams (now hired)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So hire the new DC without firing the current DC? Hint, hint.

Dave Mcginnis had a title in 2011 of "senior assistant head coach". He was not a coordinator! Mcginnis held a similar position this past season for Fisher and the Rams.

I assume that would be Williams' job for us.

There is also the issue of reinstatement. Might be easier if he is not a DC in his first year back.

2. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Is it even official they we will retain gray? I know he had the job last year, so maybe there will be no pro announcement... But still curious.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I see it as Gray and Williams working together. They've done it before and if we're successful on that side of the ball next year I don't see why they'd shake things up.

It doesn't matter how many coaches we have as long as they're getting the job done.

4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

In Williams' last season with the Titans, Tennessee ranked first in the NFL in fewest yards allowed, first in passing yards allowed and third in rushing defense. The Titans also set a franchise-record for fewest points allowed with 191 with an aggressive defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. QuickSand

QuickSand Starter

I miss the good ol days.....

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

What pieces do you think are needed for us to return to form?

I think we just need another dominate DL (DE or Tackle) and a dominant Safety and we're there.

On the other side of the ball I think we're an O-Line and Offensive Coordinator away.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well that and also the fact that we need a back up plan at DC just in case... This will have him on the staff of we need to shake things up. There won't be any good options during the season.

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Still have to wait for Goodell to officially reinstate him. Wonder if and when that'll happen...

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

does anybody really think goodell would tell williams hey go ahead and pursue a job if hes not planning on reinstating him?!?!?!?

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This is the first good news I've heard in quite along time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar