Titans interested in hiring Gregg Williams (now hired)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You don't announce you won't retain him you just fire him. Teams did that the monday after the season ended.

So interview replacements while Gray is still here?

2. dgup76

dgup76 Starter

However they do it; it is the first Titans news that I have been excited about in a while!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why cherry pick one season when he was a DC for 12 seasons and a head coach for 3?

And while he has a reputation for aggressiveness it wasn't until we drafted Kearse in 99 that we had a big time pass rush. Our defenses from 97-98 were statistically mediocre.

Then we have the horrible performance of his Saints defense in that Seattle playoff game and his excessive blitzing which cost them against the 49ers.

Overall a good track record but not the God of defense either. He had 5 defenses that were ranked in the top 10 in both scoring and total defense in those 15 years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I think it's one of those things where Munch is comfortable with Williams. He needs someone with prior coaching experience to help him over see the team. Williams Saints defenses played with swagger and I think Munch wants our guys to play that way as well. I would rather have 30th ranked defense that plays balls to the way, than a 30th ranked defense that plays titty tag.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If they do this I will lose respect for this organization.

The guy was suspended INDEFINITELY for a reason, and we are so desperate that we ignore this. Our reputation is poor enough, now add this joke of a hire.

This team is pathetic.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

For the first time in a while I'm actually happy with a move the Titans made. I love this.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I guess that makes the Saints even worse for keeping Payton?

I hate that we're keeping Gray but at least we're bringing in a coach to work with him and bring an attitude to this crap staff. If this gets our defense to step it's game up and to put the rest of the coaches on notice then I'm all for it.

8. shamrock

shamrock Camp Fodder

IMO we need a guy like Williams.The Titans need to get back to playing hard nosed smash-mouth football! Williams will bring a nasty attitude to our defense and other teams will fear playing the Titans again!

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

If your not cheating, your not trying hard enough. Just ask Lance Armstrong.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

or bill bellicheck. or eddie guerrero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar