Titans Interested in Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pobo90, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't think so. He said no to the Chiefs and Seahawks so he has no issue with that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I like the fact that we are potentially the last team he will meet with. Allows us to leave a lasting impression and hopefully close the deal on the spot.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Ideally we meet with him before noon and then get him to agree after a convincing few hours. Then when FA kicks off in the afternoon we put the full court press on Williams.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

A good sign (for us to still have a shot at Williams) is that he met with the Dolphins TONIGHT.. 'Cause rumors said he'd meet with Dolphins tomorrow and us Weds? But since now he's already done his meeting with the Dolphins, maybe he'll meet with us early tomorrow? That'd be awesome.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Appearing on Total Access Monday night, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi suggested the Titans are a "viable" option for free agent Peyton Manning, but the Dolphins are not.
    The Titans are "absolutely" in it, though Lombardi suspects the Dolphins won't be in the chase much longer after Monday's 5-6 hour meeting. Lombardi's colleague Jeff Darling adds that Manning is "underwhelmed with the structure in place" with the Dolphins. Meanwhile NFL Network's Albert Breer hears the Broncos are the favorites while Michelle Beisner reports the Cardinals feel "very good" about their chances. Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com hears from one league exec that Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark could join Manning in Denver.

6. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

I still am hanging on to my Haynesworth jersey

7. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

That is what scares me. The writing on the wall is Denver. Still trying to figure otu the Viclombardi tweets last night with the 95 percent Manning to Denver. My Bulls got played big time by Wade and LBJ, I just hope we arent being suckered here.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree. My thoughts are if we are going to sign Manning he will sign during the meeting. And I think it will happen because I think he is basically going to get partial ownership in the team and will be a Titan for life with an exec job post football career.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Manning is an idiot if he goes to Denver. That weather wont be good for him and he knows it.

With AZ he knows they'll likely continue to suck. Outside of 1 season they've been terrible for 30 years or so.

Reggie Wayne doesn't even like Manning, so I wouldn't buy the "package deal" talk... plus this is the NFL. Not happening.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I truly don't know how I feel about this. On one hand he is one of the greatest QB's of all time but on the other hand I really, really hate Peyton Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar