Titans @ Jags Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Odom
    Brown
    Fowler
    Harper
    Finnegan
    Lowry

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Vince was the weak link but I don't care.

Beating the Jags by ramming the ball right at them was simply awesome.
    :yes:

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, Vince was the weak link, but he still scored. Coulda done it twice if he wasn't trying to be all QB and all, and just ran it.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wanted to see more sacks, but I'm extremely glad that Odom made a difference today.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Concern: we need more receiver play. That Jags D was something else on the passing game. It was like they were more ready for that than the run. I mean they still played the run, but our O-Line just moved them around like chess pieces.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was afraid for a while that my talk of winning overextended our actual capability. Glad to see what we saw in the preseason carried over. Defensively, we played a very good game. Fairly mistake-free. We made Garrard beat us on the pass, and fortunately, he only came up big once. We recovered well the rest of the time.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Wow,anyone else just see the Broncos beat the Bills?

Crazy last second scramble to kick a field goal just as time ran out.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince is going to have those games every so often... he'll look amazing one week and flounder sometimes. He'll bounce back - nice to see we can still win when we don't have everything clicking.

I'll say this for our secondary - we gave up a handful of big ones, but they also came through on some very important plays. Courtland had a hand on several passes, Garrard had to dance around a lot at times with apparently nothing open.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I think this team is doing damn well when VY is your weak link.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Something to keep in mind - Garrard only completed 56% of his passes on almost twice the attempts as VY. Vince hit 60%, although with a low YPA. Our play calling was 2.7 rushes per pass - when you're running like that on the Jags it's hard to justify even trying to get the passing game going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar