Titans just sending a message to LenDale White?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And if Young isn't happy? It's not as if he can just leave. He has a longterm contract.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that White should be the only back on the team. I'd bring back Brown (who can start) as the backup and draft a RB on day 2.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

shouldn't you be in school :shake: :loser:

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Unlike a few on this thread, I agree with what SK and TitanJeff have said. Why go invest in a position where you have someone with potential which you havn't been able to examine or see yet? As Jeff said, we know what the "plan" is. We know this by what FA's we've brought in. We need to continue to extend the core of the team and replenish it with young talent that has upside. If anything will come from the whole Turner situation, I don't know. However, it could just be a wake up call for White, one that says he needs to handle himself like a pro athlete and not a college slacker. Also, Chris Brown would not be a bad #2. Matter of fact, I think Brown could thrive in that role. That 1,000+ yard season he had was not a fluke.

4. I will say this in playing devil's advocate: if the coaches and front office have privately given up on White then by all means consider trading for Turner.

But realistically, none of us know what Fisher or Reinfeldt think and I seriously doubt they will have written him off just because he is overweight in March.

5. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

You can't be sucessful with one RB anyways, very few teams can get away with that.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm agreeing with some of these thoughts, and not agreeing with others.
    In 2006, if we (Titans fans) had talked about winning more than 3 games we were looked at as being crazy. Fact is, we fell short of the playoffs by 1 game. Turns out, we were condenders. Are we contenders in 2007? We weren't in 2006, but we fell just inches of it. I can guarantee one thing, if we gamble on a lone unproven RB and he doesn't cut it, we will not be condenders in 2007. We have a QB weapon that can set record after record. We can help him with a running game to go along with his arm. Go with LenDale, but bring in a Plan B.
    Let's not start 07 thinking we can't contend. Let's kick a little as$, it's our field, let us rule it like Titans.

7. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

We can and will contend in '07...and we should take the field each and every practice and each & EVERY Sunday with the mindset that we will win the game. Bringing in Turner should raise the level of the RB position by a couple notches. Have you seen the kid play?

“Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” Denis Waitley

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And you think the solution is to gamble on two unproven RB's instead?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Damien Nash.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The total carries in the final college year for the topdrafted (1st round) RB's (and Lendale) for the last couple of years plus this years projected top picks:
    Code:
    Steven Jackson 350
    Chris Perry 338
    Kevin Jones 281
    Cedric Benson 326
    Cadillac Williams 239
    Ronnie Brown 153
    Reggie Bush 200
    Laurence Maroney 281
    DeAngelo Williams 310
    Joseph Addai 187
    Lendale White 197
    Adrian Peterson 188 (injury)
    Marshawn Lynch 223
    Antonio Pittman 242
    Kenny Irons 198

To me that seems to indicate that teams are mixing it up more and individual RB's are getting fewer carries. To further illustrate this you had more than twice the rushers with more than 300 carries in 2002 and 2003 than in the subsequent years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar