Titans lack impact from rookies

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think that's by far the best example. You could argue that Young was put in, but it's doubtful that that was Fisher's call. It'll be interesting to see how hard AH has to work to get his starting job back.

LT's INTs give just another excuse for him to stay in...

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

AH is one of the best tackles in this league. He won't have any problem getting his job back unless there is more discipline involved.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I do agree with Kuharsky..
    Bulluck put it best when he said something around the lines of "we're gonna lose anyway this season so we might as well throw in our rookie QB (young) and give him a change to gain some first hand experience".
    This should be the case with most of our rookies.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I don't really think AH skills are in question. As TNT said AH's one of the best in the league. The issue is whether he can avoid being stupid like he did against Dallas and I do think JF will put this behind him and throw him in the starting lineup sooner than we think.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Devil's advocate here.............Jeff tell me how can a rookie make an impact when they are not allowed on the field? Is this the players fault?

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I dont think we missed AH one bit..............and he is not one of the best in the league because he is not consistent...........at times he can be totally dominant..............that has happened maybe 3 times in 4 yrs.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Plus AH NEVER plays a 16 game season. This year was just another example. He averages sitting out 3 games a year. :suspect:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I blame Schwartz.

Honestly, that was the point of the article. It asks a lot of question directed at Fisher as to why Lowry isn't starting over LT and White not getting more touches.

It's very valid, IMO. If the goals of putting Young in is to get him precious experience to speed his development, why not do the same with Tulloch and other players you hope are the core of your unit in a couple of seasons?

10. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Deja vu :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar