Titans lack impact from rookies

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Speaking of rookies, when the heck is LW going to start, I think he needs a chance, because i really think he can produce, get him in the endzone once, Im pretty sure hell be real hungry to get another

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not just rookies..

2nd year players also have not been given chances unless forced in due to injury. Look what happened to our running game when piller went down. Bell moves inside and stewart takes bell's spot and voila we have a running game. Funny thing is that stewart didn't get into one play in 2005.

Ok so they don't want the rookie lowry in there but what about fuller a 2nd year guy? Shouldn't we find out about some of these young guys? We talk about what a young team we have but most of the 1st and 2nd year guys are not playing and many might not even be here next season.

As far as blame there is plenty to go around. Reese for not drafting better, schwartz, fisher and the other assistants for not moving guys along. It's hard to imagine a munchak or washburn promoting the abilities of a player to deaf ears. They have been around forever the other coaches damn well listen to them.

Maybe it's time to replace chuck cecil. I find it hard to believe he is screaming for lowry to start and is being ignored. Remember we are using this hybrid safety concept and that is probably keeping lamont on the field. Fuller is more of a true free safety and lowry a strong side guy. Thompson is equallly bad against the run and pass.:rolleyes: It's obvious what this defense needs; we need a safety who can come up and stop the run. We need a safety who can knock some people around. Lowry is the best candidate for sure.

3. well LW shouldnt be starting right now because henry is doing a really good job

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Fisher has the dilemma of trying to get this team back to winning again. I am sure he feels that he has a better chance with veterans. Even though these guys get paid a lot, there is a difference in performance when you don't have a competitive team on the field. The more rookies you play, the more chance for mistakes. Of course, after watching our secondary blow coverages all day, you have to wonder how much worse could it get? Finnegan looks like the real deal. He's fast, and plays heads up. Tullock could be really good. He is very physical and fast. He was a little late in coverage on one play Sunday, but when he got there he hit the guy so hard he dropped the pass. I really can't imagine anyone worse than LT, so I would like to see Lowry. It appears after the Jags game that Woolfolk is in the doghouse.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Correction:

[​IMG]

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

as the Devils advocate I would say Fisher is more likely the causative reason. JS is also not without blame but this team is going no where and they have a duty to show what we really have, unless they know something we don't about their futures here in Nashville? The other issue is if the chosen starting 4 DB's continue to blow coverages might the back ups perform better? How do we really know? The coaches are going in on their gut feelings. How do you know if you have a Dan Mariono or Tom Brady of Big Ben or Colston unless you let them play. This team is 2-7 and has nothing to lose even if the coaches are deemed right and the young guns suck wind................not giving them a chance is pure stupidity and arrogance and reasons enough for questioning why we need this staff back at all. His MO is always the same with young players and this is not congruent with how you manage and run a team in a cap era............young guys have to play early............look at Ryans in texas............my bet if he was here in TN he would sit for 12-24 months behind a guy like Sirmon. The fans and media have to demand more accountability from this staff and HC.............Fisher does not know anymore than any of us until the player tanks in game day situations. If he was draftable by us we need to see him play.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

I disagree...........LW needs 10-12 touches a game..........we need to see if we need another RB or not before the 07 draft. TH can keep starting...........LW needs a chance

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was joking with the Schwartz comment. I'm just messing with Gut a bit.

I agree that personnel decisions is all on Fisher. He's always value consistency (even in mediocrity) than a young guy who might make a big play but can't be counted on to know his assignment.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

AH has the skills to be one of the best. Part of the inconsistancy is just injuries. He was inconsistent in his play sometimes early on, but he's gotten better at staying with it.

Yeah, we missed AH. I guess Starks, Robeast, and Tony Brown are better?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree there.

You have to hope for an injury to a starter in order to get your chance as a rookie/2nd year player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar