Titans License Plates

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Just read an article on www.titansonline.com that stated that the Titans License plate is the second most sold plate in the state of Tennessee behind that pesky Friends of the Smokey Mountains plate (we'll catch ya)...

The plate has generated just over a million dollars in revenue for the charities the Tennessee Titans Foundation supports.

I never thought in a million years (ha) that the plate would generate so much revenue and help so many charities.

Thanks again to David Dumont. The License Plate was his baby, he got the whole thing started. Thanks to our very own TitanJeff, for those of you that don't know, Jeff designed the plate. It took a lot of people a lot of time and a lot of years to get that thing on streets, I still smile when I see one on a vehicle.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Diehard Dave is King!!!

The both of you, and others, worked over constant hurdles to finally make it happen.
    But don't forget to thank those of us that pay the money to keep them on our vehicles!!

Go Tennessee>>>>>>>>

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Holy crap. Jeff designed the plate? I had no idea. Way to go Jeff!

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What's the link? That's a bunch o' bud bucks.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I couldn't find the link...
    but I found something...
    which is better than nothing.

[​IMG]

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=42

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=8224

[​IMG]

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Hoffa - of course none of it would have been possible without the fans who continue to fork over the extra moola every year to dress up their vehicle with an awesome looking Titans tag!

At first, the State required us to obtain 5,000 signatures on a petition, we did that. Then the State said "OK, now get those 5,000 people to pay you $35.00 each to make sure they're serious about obtaining a plate if they become available" THAT was not fun. Contacting all of those people who signed the petition and ask them for 35 bucks for something that we couldn't promise them. It took countless hours of time sending letters out to fans hoping they would take a chance and send a check. Needless to say, it also took months of hard work, but if it weren't for those 5,000 fans that kept the faith, we wouldn't be boasting about a million bucks being raised today.

Every Titans plate I see with a lower number makes me want to scream out the window "Thank you!" because I know they were one of the core group that made the whole thing possible.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm # 870.

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Wow SEC 330 BIPOLAR! - Good job on digging up the archives ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar