Titans Liked Zac Stacy In The Draft.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The Titans already had Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene on the roster back in April, but on the final day of the NFL draft they were looking to add another running back.

One of the players they liked: Vanderbilt’s Zac Stacy.

The Rams selected Stacy in the fifth round, however, and he has been a hit in St. Louis. He has four starts and is coming off a 26-carry, 134-yard performance against the Seahawks on Monday night.

Stacy, who started 33 of 45 games at Vanderbilt, leads the Rams (3-5) with 348 rushing yards going into Sunday’s game against the Titans (3-4). He has 78 yards or more in three of the past four games and is averaging 4.6 yards per carry on the season. He also has seven catches for 40 yards and a touchdown.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131101/SPORTS01/311010104/2082

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And still no rushing touchdowns.

lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I liked him in the draft too... I wanted him, but the Greene signing just about killed the chance of picking Stacy.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

One good game, and going over 78 yards a couple of times is considered a hit?

Sounds like something Fisher would be impressed about.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I felt that Stacey was one of the best Rbs in the draft last year. He has tremendous balance, short area quickness, lower body strength and vision. He isn't a straight line burner, but as Emmitt Smith showed you don't have to be.

Will be interesting to see how his career progresses. I hope his ankle keeps him out of the game today.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Aren't you in Africa right now? You ain't in the loop, brah.

Stacy has only started the last four games. He has 76 rushes for 348 yards (4.6 YPC). That's good. And ever since he became their starter the Rams have actually been competitive.

He's hard to tackle and always falls forward.

The fact that he was able to go over 120 with Kellen Clemens at QB against the Seahawks tells me all I need to know. He's a good RB.

7. smili

smili Starter

Stacy has looked good in the past 2 games - the only NFL games I've seen him play in. He has an shifty elusiveness that alot of backs don't have. Great pick for a 5th rounder from what I can tell. He gave our defense fits today.

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

From watching the game today, he reminded me of MJD.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think it's funny that finally an RB from the SEC looks good other than Arian Foster. And it was yet another that was slept on in the draft/college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar