Titans look at Leftwich won't mean a change in Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    [​IMG]Leftwich Don't read too much into the Titans having Byron Leftwich in for a visit.
    Indications are it's merely a check-in as the team formulates plans in case something happens to Vince Young or backup Kerry Collins. The Titans are expected to carry only two quarterbacks, and an injury would mean they'd have to have a contingency plan in place.
    That could be Leftwich.
    Under GM Mike Reinfeldt, the Titans have consistently had veteran free agents in for visits to update files and get a current evaluation. They looked at running backs Ron Dayne and Kevin Jones this summer in a similar fashion.
    Currently, Ingle Martin is working as the third quarterback. He was on the practice squad last season.

More...

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He could be fine. He really needs a line to protect him.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Goot lawd. Update the file and get him the heck outta town.

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

ewww...please divert his flight away from nashville and send it to Tampa Bay

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'd be an upgrade over Vince...

don't hurt me!

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I didn't know we were looking for security gaurds??

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He'd be fine as a 3rd string QB. He throws a nice deep ball. He holds on to the ball too long, but he's got the talent.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no. no he wouldn't! that's a waste of a roster spot. I'd rather have another DT or DB.. hell, give Anthony 'Booger' McFarland a call. I don't want Ingle Martin on the final 53 man roster either.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

agreed...please prove me wrong this year, Vince. Somehow fans still adore you and think you're a top tier QB after your stellar 2007 season, which may go down as one of the worst in history by a starting quarterback

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Update the file. Put him on a plane. Don't even feed him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar