Titans Looking For Blockbuster Deal Similar To Rams/RGIII

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by mike75, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

There may be depth at WR, but very few have WR1 potential. DGB does.

2. xpmar9x

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I still expect both White & Cooper to be gone by 10. In that scenario, Oak would take WR at 4 and NYJ at 6 or Chi at 7

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No way are either there at 10.....I wish!

5. xpmar9x

It's very possible that Cooper or White are there at 10

1: TB - Winston
    2: ?? - Mariota
    3: JAX - Fowler
    4: OAK - Leonard Williams
    5: WAS - Pass rusher
    6: NYJ - Pass rusher
    7: CHI - Probably WR here, replace Marshall, could go D (just switched to 34)
    8: ATL - Pass rusher
    9: NYG - Unlikely to go WR, but possible
    10: BOOM

I've seen plenty of mocks with White/Cooper at 10. However, I could see the Falcons or Giants trading back with KC or Miami who move up to grab White/Cooper.

Really, it all depends on what Oakland does at 4.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Mayock says he has 8 WRs with 1st rnd grades. So if other teams see it that way then they might not feel the need to trade up to grab one. But if a team falls in love with White or Cooper and feels they are that much better then maybe they do make a run at one of them.

I get this feeling that their will be a run on WRs in the 1st this yr which will mean that a solid OT will be waiting for us at #33.

I'm a big proponent in the idea that you have to be dominant on one side of the ball or the other to make the playoffs. Mediocrity gets you no where. With that in mind if we wanted to make the effort to have a dominant offense then going WR in the 1st, RT in the 2nd, then best available RB/OG in the 3rd and 4th would be the way to go.

Ideally you trade down from #2 and get another 2nd rnder which you use on defense.

If we are going to go all in on Mett then lets protect him and give him weapons.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't see 4 pass rushers going top 10. Fowler & Beasley for sure but I don't see it with Ray, Gregory or Dupree. Maybe one of them but not 2. That's a nice stretch IMO.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Cooper, White, Parker, Strong, and Perriman all have the same #1 potential (though Beckham would be my 2nd receiver on the board skillwise) without the headaches Beckham has so that puts Beckham 6th on the WR board IMO. I don't think its too much of a stretch to think that the 6th highest rated receiver will be there at 33.

If Beckham does go in the end of the first however I'd take Strong or Perriman there without a second thought.

9. xpmar9x

I think 3 will go. Beasley/Fowler go 3 & 5 to JAX and WAS. I then see Atlanta reaching on a pass-rusher, potentially could see ATL swap with WAS to grab Beasley. Washington can fall back a couple spots, take Scherff or even Waynes. I could even see Washington trading back again, say with Miami (who's at 14, and trade up for a WR).

Washington could turn #5 into #14, extra 2nd, and extra 3rd.

If Mariota falls to #5, somebody will move up a pick before the Jets to grab him.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gonna need some fencing to keep Mett safe, guys incredibly slow and has a huge wind up, terrible combo behind a crappy OLine...

But that doesn't mean he wont develop from last year and maybe be quicker with his release...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar