Titans looking for TE, FB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans may well be in the market for a fullback and a tight end this week.

If they could find one player to fill both roles, that would be even better.

The Titans lost fullback Collin Mooney to a knee injury on Sunday, and it’s possible he could miss the rest of the season. Mooney was seen with a brace on his knee and using crutches following the loss to Indianapolis.

“We couldn’t run the goalline, we couldn’t run a lot of things because we didn’t have a football or a tight end,” Munchak said. “So we were pretty short-handed there, in different packages we would have liked to get into. We’ll definitely have a fullback on the roster.”

The Titan went into Sunday’s game already down one tight end, as Craig Stevens missed the contest due to a concussion. Then in the first quarter, tight end Delanie Walker suffered a concussion and missed the rest of the game.

Munchak said Stevens worked out Monday and could return to practice this week. He said the team will have to see how Walker recovers this week.

“That’s what we have to look at, as far as what’s the reality of those two guys?” Munchak said. “And … what’s our alternative with other tight ends that can help us this weekend?”

Ideally, the Titans would find someone who could play both tight end and fullback.

“They’re just hard to find,” Munchak said. “Unfortunately the colleges aren’t grooming these guys anymore, other than Alabama and some of the SEC teams. There aren’t a lot of fullbacks coming out of college these days. I wish we could find one that could (fill both spots). That would be nice.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Should have signed John Connor.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I played FB

#justsaying
    #Webstercallme

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I dont think were that desperate. We might not have seen the last of Quinn Johnson though.

5. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I doubt the Titans sign Quinn Johnson, seeing as they put him on IR and then settled with him so they could release him. Bad blood.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

:brow:

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I thought they were toying with the idea of putting in Casey or some other big body.

What the heck do we have to lose at this point? Why not line up one of those big bodies as an H-back and let them plow some space for CJ.

Excuses is all it is. I bet Kluge or Martin could lead out and tear a hole outside. They ought to be able to take on a LB for sure.

When every game essentially is your playoff game why hold back?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

Is Vonta Leach signed with anyone? What TE are available>??

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

this is the final quarter of the regular season, there's no one worth finding

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

They'll end up putting Taylor Thompson at FB and just ride it out with Stevens at TE until Delanie comes back. That or leaving TT at TE and putting Stevens at FB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar