Titans Looking to Draft Playmakers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans feel the most important goal in next weekends NFL Draft is to find playmakers. "I think he said to get playmakers, whether its wide receivers, tight ends, punt returners, guys that can put points on the boards — to get playmakers, that’s a big part of his emphasis," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. The switch from Norm Chow back to Mike Heimerdinger at offensive coordinator could have some influence on what types of players to pick as the two have different approaches. Heimerdinger may want a WR who can execute his downfield style, as opposed to the big, possession receivers Chow wanted to stockpile. Reinfeldt says both his coordinators advise him on the type of players which best fit their style of play.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

DeSean Jackson

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pure draft week fluff... might as well say that our goal is to pick "good" players...

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Defense first then wideout!! Desean Jackson needs to eat a few double bacon cheesburgers and put a few more pounds before he gets kill in the nfl!! I don't see that guy as a big start a the big level it will take a few yeras for him to develop, and this is my own opinion..I say take Kentwan Balmer, i am pretty sure the receivers on the second round are better than the overrated ones in the first guarantee!!

5. TitanJeff

I did like the point made about the kind of players needed to fit Dinger's style vs. Chows. It tells me a burner is a must.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

To me, it sounds like the best player left on the board will be chosen at 24. I say it's between wr and dl.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm starting to warm up to this kid the more I think about it. Some say he has better WR skills than Ginn with equal or better return skills. He is also the opposite of what we already have. Most of the other guys at WR are very similar to what we already have. IMO if he is sitting there at #24 he will be our pick.

If Jackson is already gone then we look at Felix Jones or Chris Johnson as play making RBs and returners and consider the 2nd tier WRs in round two.

8. TitanJeff

I don't see Chris Johnson going in the first. I don't think he's worthy of anything before the third round.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Anybody worried about getting a burner with VY's arm?

I'd rather see us go K. Balmer, Merling, or D. Harvey if available. Trade up in round 2 and pickup J. Hardy for WR. I just don't like the idea of a 166 pound WR. It is a gamble to take a lil guy whose skills may not translate to a bigger, intentionally bulked up NFL frame.

Plus, I like Hardy's smarts.

10. TitanTeam

TitanTeam Guest

Chris Johnson could be a gem

I didnt like the idea of Chris Johnson in the frist round at frist. But after i looked at some of his numbers, im not against it. We could drop down one or two spots in the frist round maybe pick up a late second and take him in the frist. I dont see him as a workhorse, but what about a third and long type of back. Hes got great reciver skills and runs a 4.25 40 at 200 pounds. Thank of the possibilities on special teams and offence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar