titans lose out on curtis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goawayschwartz, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

he wasnt worht the money tho, his numbers have declined rapidly ever since Mcnair left,

2. Hell, he was nothing more than an average #2 WR with the exception of an unbelievable 3 game stretch back in 2004.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

5 years $24M...

That's what givens signed for and what the titans probably offered. I agree with starkiller that had we put $30M on the table he would have taken it before the rams even made their offer. He wasn't going out of his way to find a pass oriented team but it certainly didn't hurt.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure they offered Bennett that much. I'm not sure he doesn't take an offer similar to Givens.

Starkiller is right except in St.Louis that stretch of unbelievable games could last most of the season in the Ram's offense. To say Bennett was only concerned about the money might not be right. He might have been concerned with playing in an offense more WR friendly.

5. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

For a QB who supposedly throws so many "hospital passes," Vince has a pretty shocking scarcity of WRs who have ever been injured on his team...ever. Or perhaps we are going to blame him for Givens? Or Bennett's years-long case of alligator arms and dropsies?

6. I don't think Bennett has a real chance of ever having a stretch like that again. It was a fluke.

As for wanting to play in a more WR-friendly offense, if that was the case he wouldn't have even said he was willing to stay in Tennessee for "big money". He wanted money (this was his last chance at a huge contract) and the Titans weren't offering enough to suit him.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Why is it that most everyone on this board knows Vince is not a very good passer except you?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Could ask why it is that most everyone (and you tell others to stay in school?) on this board knows Drew can't catch except you?

:rolleyes:

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Vince is not that bad of a passer either

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I guess the Rams didn't get your memo, they signed him anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar