titans lose out on curtis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goawayschwartz, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

I'm not sure where you were heading with your post TNThunder, but I think VY did a decent job of getting the WR's the ball at the right time (at least the one's who could catch...the one who was spotty at times, was not re-signed). As for the other WR's, Givens was hurt 90% of the season and hardly played, and the rest are still a nice, young core. I see Young giving us 200+ yard games on a regular basis. We will not and should not need 300+ yd games week in and week out...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's not get into the "you aren't a fan if you critisize" drama. Should I say that to anyone that has been critical of LT's play? Or how about Drew? You just see what you want to see. VY is not a "pocket passer", and I don't believe anyone expects him to be. Every QB has his own intangibles, and you get personel on your team that compliments that. We already have Givens, Williams and Orr, plus whomever we draft. WR is not really a huge concern for us, because we aren't a team that throws long balls. I have posted several times I think we will be fine offensively, so how is that "negative"? I usually only argue with Gunny because he never misses a chance to get down on Drew, yet the Rams signed him for $30M. That alone should prove his perceptions were way off base. Seems you can call out anyone on this team and be OK, as long as it's not VY. Such a double standard. Why should he be above critique?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because most agree.

And because he got $30 million doesn't make him good. I gave you examples of over-paid players.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe because he was a key ingredient in an 8-8 season vs. a 4-12 season
    I suppose you would've been happier had KFC had started all 16 games ?

I will agree with you on one point : Vince Young has a LONG way to go as a Passer. However, he brings so much more to the table than just throwing the ball. You cannot buy infectous optimism that he exudes. He did break the rookie record for rushing yards by a rookie QB. He ws the first rookie QB ever to play in a Pro Bowl. AND he arguably did a better job in his rookie season than McNair did in his last season here

Personally, I wouldn't trade Vince for anything

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

right ! all it means is that St. Louis paid 30mil for a #3 WR with dropsies

6. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

and a WR who only has 7 carrer 100 yard receiving games and 4 of those came in 2004 on his streak against the bottom 5-10 defenses in the NFL..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar