Titans Lose Preseason Opener to Saints 19-16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Brown played really well he needs to keep that up
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I saw that Brown had alot of carries that seemed to not go far at all. Take away that one long play and his average dips to well under 4 yds a carry. I kept seeing brown trying and failing to get yardage by running inside. Nobody leave his agent a voicemail quite yet.

Also, Travis Henry scored a TD and I'm surprised it was not reveiwed. He hardly stomped in through a nice hole with authority. I was begining to fear a 12 yd fg attempt just before the score. We didn't even look impressive when we were scoring.

Also I would like to add that I think Brown would have been turned back and drilled into the dirt until the referree blew the whistle.
  3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, I hate to bring the discussion in here, but I guess I have to. The following are the runningback stats ignoring their longest run of the day:
    C. Brown: 8 for 26, 3.25 avg.
    T. Henry: 9 for 14, 1.56 avg.
    R. Bush: 5 for 15, 3 avg.

Sure, these are preseason stats, but no question Brown was the best runningback out there today, based on average.
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Why leave out their longest run? That makes no sense in evaluating them.
  5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why's that ? that shank kept 3 points off the board
    ... now check the final score ....:yes:
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

I agree. Ya, he tackled the receivers, but the CB's real job is to make sure the receiver never gets the ball. ADAM JONES WAS A MONSTER. He might earn his nickname this year.:yes:
  7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it was from 56 yds!!! not many teams will even attempt from that distance plus as stated in another thread it was a bad snap.
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Because BP brought up that if take away Brown's longest run, his average dips below 4. If you include their longest run it looks like this:

C. Brown: 9 for 47, 5.2 avg.
    T. Henry: 10 for 23, 2.3 avg.
    R. Bush: 6 for 59, 9.8 avg.

Bush obviously becomes the best back of the game, but Brown is still head and shoulders above Henry in production.
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

But his longest run wasn't taken away during the game, so BP your point makes no sense.
  10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It was from 56 yards!!

Teams from time to time will "attempt" a 56 yarder (usually towards to end of a half or a game) but rarely "expect" to make them.

But, it's a bonus when they do.

No kicker should be expected to make a kick from more than a maximum than 53 yards away. But, shouldn't always be expected from those distances.

SH-- HAPPENS!! :grrr:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.