Titans Lose Preseason Opener to Saints 19-16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

in statistics that is known as an outlier. (I think) ... long runs, just one, can really skew and average, that's all. If you discard the longest run it can give a clearer picture of the typical carry. Look, if you think Brown looked great out there and was really kicking butt... good for you. I didn't really see that but I'll concede that I was very impaired. Maybe his production can be furthered studied with a breakdown of his touches and it can be shown on paper that he's a beast. All I'm saying is I didn't see a beast last night. I saw a guy that carried often for 1 maybe 2 yards and had a really nice long run.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Odom looked pretty good. Let's not just make it a every year preseason thing Antwain :lol: Is LaBoy a little dinged? But he was also giving Jamal Brown some fits too when he got in.

Mahelona looked very good to me too. You can see the quickness, and he'll be a run stuffing upgrade over Long.

The guys catching the ball need better gloves perhaps? :irked:

Reynaldo and Andre looked pretty bad :hmm: Pac looked very good.

I thought Bell looked pretty good, as did Amano.

I'm gonna watch the game again to see if my 1st impressions match my final ones :lol:

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And I said that, where?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I don't mean taken away by penalty, I just mean taken off the table.

If I had carries of 50, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3 my average would be 8.57 yards...

So now I'm a back that gets 8 yards everytime I touch the ball??? Because of my wicked average? oh yeah, 85% of the time I carry for 2.5 yards because I'm a beast with my eight and a half yard average. Throwing out an outlier is a very common practice in statisical anaylsis. I was in no way making any reference to negated plays due to penalty. i.e. Pacman's return that went to mid feild but was called back to inside the Titans 10 for an illegal block to the back.

8.5 yards per carry?
    That's Gunny-like production... :whoop:

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I know what you meant.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

that part about whether you thought Brown was on fire, (like Soxcat will likely say... :lol:) was adressed to anyone. If anything I guess I was directing that to titansfan10. It's not like you and I are PM'ing over this topic. Others are saying Brown was looking real good. I was unimpressed. I was not overly impressed with Vince Young either and you guys know how much I "likes me some Vince" ... Still just the same... from the stats I'm seeing he looks better on paper. I'm going to see if I can find his carry totals.. per carry... I know he had carries for practically nothing and that is what my selective memory is recalling for me.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you need to quit screwing with me. :lol:

I do think that Pacman Jones was the star last night.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Our right side was beastly in the first part of the game, credit to Bell and Amano for that.

9. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I don't necessarily agree.

I do agree that Brown is faster through the hole and much more likely to rip off a 10+ yard run.

But a few of Henry's carries were tough, short runs inside the five (the first to convert a first down, then a no-gain from the 1, then a 1-yd TD), where YPC was not the point, and it's an area where Brown was not particularly strong last year...and I thought Henry also did a good job on one play just to get back to the line of scrimmage after the blocking broke down. IMO, that's the kind of play where Brown is more likely to get dropped for a loss.

I mostly liked what Henry did last night, and I think it complements Brown pretty well.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the point is .....

you said he didn't cost us anything

my point is that a missed FG (regardless of it's length or snap) is 3 points lost

i'm not picking on Bironas, I think he's a great Kickoff guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar