Titans Lose to Browns, 23-17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Because I wasn't posting on here the last time Young was our full time starter. :rolleyes: I gave Young credit all his rookie year and even his 2nd year but again your just going to assume things and you'd be wrong.

If those two bad plays are turnovers that take place inside your 5 yard line and inside your opponents 5 yard line your damn right I will. Obviously these turnovers or mistakes that a 4th year QB shouldn't be making don't bother you as much.

Because Collins doesn't need to prove anything in pre season I've said this over and over again. Young has been very mixed and against backups that's not NEARLY good enough. If your going to find anything and everything to try and prove Young is good go for it but your wasting your time.

No that's not true. Yea Young had a nice 2 minute drill but it was all for not when he fumbled it so why would I give him credit? Young's 300 yard passing game vs. Denver yea that's great but I'd rather have him pass for half that as opposed to having 2 picks. Now feel free to be a homer and tell me how those picks in that game weren't his fault.

Collins has succeeded to a point. When you draft a QB 3rd overall I want a franchise QB not some game manager.

Yea it shows that I demand A LOT more from the 3rd overall pick. Our 3rd overall pick is still making piss poor decisions against the Browns backups, that's a fact and I'm sorry but I can't get over that.

It was potential when we drafted him and guess what, there's no more potential. Young was a boom or bust pick and he's now a bust. If your not going to get it by now it's just not going to happen. And no I wont judge each play as if their the same. Plays where you turn the ball over (especially plays that cost you 14 points, yea 14 because a GOOD QB could have scored on the play where Vince fumbled) outweigh good plays by quite a bit. There's a reason winning the turnover battle and not the stats battle wins you games. The sooner you realize that the better.

2. TitanFan75

TitanFan75 Camp Fodder

It was potential when we drafted him and guess what, there's no more potential. Young was a boom or bust pick and he's now a bust. If your not going to get it by now it's just not going to happen. And no I wont judge each play as if their the same. Plays where you turn the ball over (especially plays that cost you 14 points, yea 14 because a GOOD QB could have scored on the play where Vince fumbled) outweigh good plays by quite a bit. There's a reason winning the turnover battle and not the stats battle wins you games. The sooner you realize that the better.[/QUOTE]

So a QB who has started only for one full season has maxed out on his potential?? You act like he has been the full time starter for the last three yrs. Okay he threw 17 ints in his first yr has a starter, big deal there have been plenty of QB's in this league that have had increase int's in their 1st couple of years.It happens. So far this pre-season I have felt he has looked like he is making alot of progress and I will go on record saying that 2 of his 3 int's were not his fault one was batted at the line of scrimmage by an UNBLOCKED defender VY could not have prevented that and the other of course was the mis ran route, who knows what would have happened with that play had the right route been ran.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea he's only been a starter for 1 year and why is that? Because he's not better than 36 year old journeyman QB, that's a sign. Are Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, JaMarcus Russell, and Jay Cutler playing behind anyone? And going into his 4th year playing against backups Young still hasn't learned to not turn the ball over.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I really think VY will have to hit rock bottom for many years, go through several teams before he finally gets the QB position. His personal life still effects his game rather he says so or not. I say sometime in his 30's VY will have figured out what he wants in life how to slow down for the Game and how to lead an offense. Vy wont ever be great but someday he will be a decent game manager coming off the bench. and Become a starter for some team. He needs to get this instant success stuff out of his head and just slow down and get ready for the long road ahead.

5. TitanFan75

TitanFan75 Camp Fodder

Jay cutler was consider the more NFL ready then VY coming out of the draft so I am not surprised that he is putting up better numbers right now. I am not positive on this but the other three that you mentioned I think were rookies last year and they are good players but I would like to see what they do in their 2nd year because we all know Vince had a pretty decent rookie year when he was put in to start. All I am saying is that I am not ready to call him a bust yet. I think he can and will have more success in this league

6. The guy who hit him first stopped when Young tried to juke him. When Young was at the 4, he was less than 2 yards from the goalline. Both slowed their forward motion. And in the end, Vince got hit at the 1 yard line as the 2nd defender helped finish him off. If Vince hadn't tried to juke him, the 1st defender would have still hit him outside the endzone.

So, throwing it to the receiver is now underthrowing it? No, it was not underthrown. It was just a terrible decision.

So then your argument is that Young threw a terrible pass? Great defense of his passing abilities there...

No, I said it was impossible to underthrow THAT pass without being called for grounding. Vince would have had to throw it into the ground almost 10 yards in front of Mulligan to keep the LB from being able to get his hands on it. And that would have planted it on the 5 yard line... an easy grounding call for the refs.

If VY is incapable of throwing the ball more than 20 yards off his back foot he deserves to get cut today...

And I'm not going to argue this an more. It's too obvious to debate any further...

7. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

^ Vince can't make all the throws a rocket armed QB can, so he has less room for error.

8. smili

smili Starter

It'd be the best first line in the history of literature! Right up there with

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar