Titans Lose to McNair and Ravens 27-26

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

GFT: Now There's something we can agree on.

Roll, I thought you meant have Hentricht kick.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I'm sure there is at least one thing to agree on...
    The 12th man for Baltimore...

[​IMG]

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We got the ball back with less than 2 minutes left and only 1 timeout (which we had to burn when Vince got dinged). After Vince's run there was a minute left and Baltimore had all 3 timeouts. We had KFC in at QB and you wanted us to throw it???

Even after running the ball three times and forcing Baltimore to burn their timeouts there was over 40 seconds left on the clock. One incompletion leaves the Ravens with a timeout and even if Bironas kicks the FG, plenty of time to drive back down the field and kick a FG of their own.

But I guess you wouldn't have been able to see that. Not much of a view with your head up your *** I'm guessing.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:shocked:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

didnt you say just a week ago to run the ball despite the score?

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I've said it before and I'll say it again, running the ball on offence when you're ahead is not the problem, going to a prevent defence is.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

When they are stacking 8 in the box and you cannot get first downs...its a problem. We don't have that kind of run game like we did in 99. We cannot just go three and out and burn no time of the clock. It was a combined failure on both the offense and defense in the second half.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well some of the acual plays were questionable, but the idea of running the ball to keep the clock moving is solid.

However I hope never to see our tackles pulling on trap plays again, because they're not up to it.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Why in the world would they not have Stewart on the line on the right side for that FG???
    That guy is a monster. I guess I have not paid any attention to the guys on the ST lines...

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

It would appear that Stewart is one guy who we have developed well. We have our bookends for some time.

Overall I thought the O-Line played really well yesterday. I saw a stat that showed the Ravens defense was holding opponents to the best avg per rush for something like 30 years. Yet we ran the ball well and for the most part protected Vince as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar