Titans make Egboh roster move official

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans officially re-signed defensive end Pannel Egboh to their 53-man roster on Wednesday, and placed Kenyatta Dawson on Injured Reserve.

Egboh was released by the Titans on September 11. Dawson suffered a hamstring injury in Sunday’s game against the Lions.

Source: Titans Insider

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Kenyatta Dawson?

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I bet J Gray is just thrilled! How about we make a trade for a decent DE or DT?

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

too bad we can't resign troy (kropog) as well. i thought the team made a bad decision releasing those two.

we heard good things out of Pannel, however, in the limited time i saw troy actually play (i think filling in for an injured Stewy a while ago), i thought he did really well.

he was signed by the jag's then cut (probably make room for someone) now he's on the practice squad of the vikings.

Question: can you sign a player to your practice squad even if he's already signed to a different team's practice squad?

Back to Pannel, I think he can be a good complement to KW, since he's your more prototypical DE (6-6 @ 287). Also, at 26, and not played much, I'm hoping he's one of those hidden gems too.. or at least someone who can contribute consistently.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I liked Dawson, but like Egboh more.

They should have cut Chris Johnson though.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

These kind of signings are good, Egboh has been around so it'll be a quick and easy adjustment.

Increasing from 75 to 90 men rosters in camp has it's perks. You can call your buddies back in if they're still available.

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Idk why we cut Egboh.

All we heard trough training camp was how he was pushing Morgan ad might take his job.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

According to Jim Wyatt and what he saw in camp was that it was all hype to push Morgan to perform better.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Egboh will probably go back to being the strong side backup and Solomon might switch to the other side some. I'm not sure the signing is good since Egboh got hyped and then did nothing in the pre-season. But then again I doubt there are many other options.

10. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

He will provide good depth. Definitely need to upgrade at the DE position though. I miss having a guy like Vanden Bosch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar