Titans Matched Offer for Hartwig

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The terms of the deal settled between C Justin Hartwig and the Panthers have been released. Hartwig will earn a guaranteed $11 million in the first two years of five-year, $17 million deal. “It’s a montster deal for a center,” said Hartwig. “It’s going to make me one of the three or four highest-paid centers in the league.” Hartwig rejected a compatible offer to remain with the Titans, saying he felt Carolina was the right fit for him at this time.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

Screw him and that scumbag Drew

3. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Amen!

What kind of compensatory pick can we expect next year for him? (I know it depends on what else happens this offseason).

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

He was a sixth round pick so not much

5. maximus

maximus Starter

It doesnt matter what round pick he was, but how he performs on the new team

6. I would have been pissed if we had given him that much money...

7. That doesn't matter. It's all about how much money they make in free agency (a good bit, apparently) and how they play for their new team.

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

we'll in that case we will get something decent

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Me too. I'm shocked it was offered and wonder if it truly was.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Reese matched the offer? :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar