Titans Must Use Preseason to Build Confidence

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After Saturday's disgraceful 35-10 loss to the Broncos, the Titans have taken a step back from where they wanted to be. "Forming that identity, some of it comes out of what happens in practice, but most of it comes out of results on the field in the preseason games," LB Peter Sirmon said. "We talked about having something good to start with and letting that roll into the regular season. I think we took a step back." Many of the players, partularly the veterans, know some players have to learn how to win and the preseason can give many of them the confidence to begin that process. "This is still a young team and a lot of these young guys haven't won at this level," LB Keith Bulluck said. "It is important in the sense that you have to start building that confidence and know that you can go out and play and win."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That horrible showing Saturday
    eroded much of my confidence.
    (particularly in the defense)

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

But, I'm sure VY's confidence wasn't shattered.

4. It eroded my confidence in a .500 season without a doubt.

But I still think we can get near that target, all we have to do is put faith back into the fans by beating the Falcons...convincingly

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

is that Haiku? :ha:

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Win/loss is not the most important thing about the pre-season to me. I much prefer to see the effort from the players that will be on the field on Opening Day. Whether those are veterans or rookies, no matter.

Just show me some sort of effort.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If we only had a target, I'm getting gunned down by friendly fire. Where's a cow when we need one.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I won't have any confidence unless our 1st string beats their 1st string.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Or coordination! That defensive effort was THE MOST UNCOORDINATED NFL DEFENSE I'VE EVER SEEN.

10. Louisiana Titan

Louisiana Titan Camp Fodder

Lets not be too quick to hit the panic button. Lets save that for opening week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar