Titans need a playmaker at WR.....and who can catch...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I read some where earlier today someone said Brandon Jones missed a poorly thrown deep ball thrown by Vince Young. Where I was watching that ball was dead on target and right in his hands and he dropped it to the ground. We may need other positions but when the Titans spent 58 million on Young I would think having someone to throw to would be nice. Drew Bennett is a good 2nd or 3rd option if he is wide open. None of the Rookies have contributed at all in the off-season either via draft( Calvin Johnson) or Free Agency although with are brilliant GM WR have never been a good selection group. Maybe he gets fired at end of the season. Bottom line we need a WR.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

You can have a team full of Jerry Rices but unless you have a QB who can consistantly get the ball to them, it doesn't make any difference.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

The recieving core is mediocre at best, but the main problem is the guy trying to get them the ball....yesterday of his 22 passes..12 were deflected by eagles defensive backs, 8 were caught, one was dropped by Jones on the deep pass, and the other was just a terrible pass...you cant catch a pass if there are 3 defenders between you and the QB

Last year this same recieving core was 9th in passing offense
    this year they are 30th

When your QB locks eyes with 1 reciever per play the defense tends to catch on

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought he had maybe six or so deflected but 12? Wow.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

if everyone thought we drafted the next coming of joe montana 3rd overall this year, you guys have a rude awakening...

vince has a long way to go on his reads and accuracy, but the constant hum of bashing him is a little surprising...he's a rookie playing the hardest position in football...thrown into the starting role before most thought he should...

remember the statistic shown yesterday that says he is throwing at a higher percentage than McNabb (a similar QB) did when he was a rookie...it will come...

but on the WR front...these guys aren't rookies...and they are playing an easier position...yet manage to look like a bunch of JUCO transfers most of the time....

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Our receivers look weak this year. I don't know their stats, but I know they could be better. Too many dropped passes. The recievers can make a bad QB out of one with possibilities.
    Givens could help if he could stay on the field.
    Bennett will return next year because he'll be cheap.
    We need to spend some cap money here and a draft spot or two. More talent on the WR corp would make a huge difference.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Tiny village possibly holds the world's tallest man
    PODOLIANTSI, Ukraine (AP) — At age 33, Leonid Stadnik wishes he would stop growing.

Leonid Stadnik, a Ukrainian veterinarian, holds a door as his mother Halyna looks on.
    By Efrem Lukatsky, AP

He's already 8 feet, 4 inches.

Maybe this guy can catch.......

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

If his arms can reach around the defender, who is usually standing or breaking into the passing lane

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

seriously, did you think that Vince was going to throw for 80% this year...

wait, let me back up, what was your stance on him playing this year?

We drafted him b/c of what he will be in the future...

Remember he was the BEST Running QB ever in college football...

did you really believe that although he was running that much, he could immediately complete a high percent in his first year in the pros?

He has the speed and size that no other QB in the NFL currently has...

He has great leadership ability...

He is as good as runner as most RB's...

He has proven to be successful in clutch situations...

And he has a strong arm, but currentlly with questionable accuracy and ability to read a defense...

I'm fine with that....

I'm more upset with WR's who have been in the league longer and still look like rookies rather than a rookie QB who looks like a rookie QB...

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

Did I think he would throw for 80%? No, I think 48% would be a lofty goal

My stance coming into the year is Volek starting this year and Vince eventually coming in

I think its great that he is tall and can run, and has heart, and is a leader blah blah

Although I believe being an accurate passer, smart, ability to read a defense trumps all of the previous traits.

I understand he is a rookie and he should progress with time, I sure hope he does

Overall I stand by my previous statement...the biggest problem of our passing game is the QB not the recievers....and yes I realise are WRs are mediocre at best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar