Titans need a playmaker at WR.....and who can catch...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not everything, but i would believe that. i mean, we did take dyson over moss. that was before he ran over a meter maid, walked off the field with time left, demanded a trade, publicly said he plays when he wants to and now says he has to be happy to be productive.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Being that Givens is probably not going to be ready at the start of the season gives me more reason to look for someone. I'd just keep replacing someone on principle until whoever's left starts playing.

Alright, after I wrote it, I'm convinced. I see no reason to get stagnant. And don't expect a playable Givens until around halfway through next season.

Now, if only B. Jones and R. Williams step up for the remainder and next year, I'll back off.

But I think it's valid that when we had Bennett as the most senior WR, we were like "Uhhhh....." Givens is only more experienced when it comes to Super Bowls. Even those two could benefit from another playmaker.

Now if you think we can draft one, fine, but I still wouldn't expect more than 300 yards from them their first year. Isn't that the wall for all of them - Calico, Jones, Roby, Williams -- all under 300. Get a vet or roll the dice.

Yes, we need a good DE. I'm worried. Don't see us getting Freeney and Kearney will be coming off an injury. (Sigh) Draft dice again?

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah but that was when they took character over a players past, things have changed since then unfortunately

4. richpats

richpats Guest

Thoughts on Givens?

Granted he didn't stay on the field long this season but I wanted to get some local opinions on our old boy Givens. He was a tough one in NE, though Belichick seems to have found a clone in Caldwell. Sucks he won't be in uniform on Dec. 31st.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think he was a good pick-up, even though as of now it doesn't look like it. It sucks he couldn't stay healthy and perform for us. Hopefully he'll have a better year next year injurywise and earn his pay on his production with us and not his previous production with NE.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Honestly, he's done little.

He was hurt in camp and the preseason with a hammy (I believe it was). About the time he should have started producing, he didn't do much except for the Dolphins game where he had a nice 27 yard reception. Then the thumb kept him out for a stretch followed by the ACL which points to his production next season being in doubt as well.

It looks like Givens joins a string of WR FAs the Titans have brought in that have not lived up to expectations. Hopefully, he can rehab quickly and change that next season.

7. Fry

all i know is our number one corner can catch better than our number one wide receiver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ill say it again Drew Bennett!!!!!!!!!!!

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I've convinced myself: I'd bring in Moss regardless. Or maybe Lima Sweed.

10. Fry

:barf: :whoop:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar