Titans Need Prime Target for Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO Ginn doesn't fit our offense at all. Sure we could come up with some gimmick plays like reverses and such but when you draft a WR in round one the purpose is to find the next Terrell Owens without the attitude or Marvin Harrison. We need a solid 1000 yard WR like Mason was and if we don't think a guy can be that type of player you certainly don't take him in the first round.

If we want a gimmick guy who is also a solid return guy then take this guy later in the draft.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/yamonfigurs.html
    Note, this guys strengths and weaknesses mirror Ginn almost to a T and he is even about the same size and build as Ginn.

2. Nash

Nash Starter

My own preference is to get Anderson in the 1st and Smith or Allison in 2, but if a DE is not there in the first, my choice would be Bowe or Jarrett.. a guy who can consistently make the 7-20 yard play over and over..

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and just how many of those do we do? not many...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with soxcat..

I want the most fundamentally sound WR a guy who runs great routes, understands defenses and has capable hands. Harrison and holt are the model here not a fast slot guy who catches 7 yard passes. Ginn makes me think of kevin curtis or antwan randell el at best bethel johnson at worst.

The guy with the best fundamentals might very well be jarrett. Bowe looks like an antuan boulden type and meachum may have the best combination of fundammental skills, speed and size.. Jarrett amazingly is looking better to me now..

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

IMO this offense needs a big reliable endzone/pos. receiver, and a fast receiver to spread the field and help Vince with making time behind the line and find a receiver. Then we need another RB to pare with LenDale and we are good.

6. get turner, draft bowe, and get a speedster later on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar