Titans Need To Re-sign D-Linemen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

With Mario Williams all but gone, the Titans really need to get Jason Jones and Dave Ball back. Looks like they're on the right track with JJ too.

Paul Kuharsky ‏ @espn_afcsouth
    @glennonsports says #Titans want in on Jason Jones, now willing to move him back to DT. What took so long to admit that mistake?

IMO we still need to make a push for Freeney as well, DEs in the draft don't have me feeling confident.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What indication did you get to make the assumption that Mario Williams "is all but gone"?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. pettso

pettso Starter

He's visiting the Bills who are likely (as predicted before) going to throw a boatload of cash his way. It basically means he doesn't care about winning, he just wants the biggest paycheck he can get and that won't be with the Titans.

That plus the whole Titans being too busy with Manning. Its pretty tough to court the top 2 FA players at the same time.

4. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

bud adams' last second meddling is what. they never had interest in bringing back JJ until they realized bud would force them to waste their time on manning.

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

He has said nothing about his intentions, seems to me he is shopping himself around. Don't think he is just going to take the first big offer thrown his way. Not trying to hold on to the hope of him signing here, but it's unlikely he just automatically signs with Buffalo. There's many other teams out there that want and will offer him a big contract and most if not all of those teams are better than Buffalo. I think this Mario Williams frenzy is far from over. Just IMO.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

mario>manning

or what about both of them lol

trade hass to open up cap space...then have them met and we will say we are taking out talents to the home of country music or something along those lines lol

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think Jones is going to get A LOT of money. If he's going for 9, Abraham should get the 12 he wants. JJ isn't a proven pass rusher, I'm a big fan of the guy but he's been a bunch of "what if" and "potential." Abraham is going to get you 10 sacks, if the difference between the two is 3 mil (9 for JJ, 12 for Abraham), I say we cut Daniel Graham and use that extra 3 mil to sign Abraham LOL.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The Bills started off very strong until injuries took over.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Fred Jackson is mad underrated when healthy too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They've managed to organise a visit with Abraham and Hutchinson.

It's idiotic to think they can't juggle multi-tasks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar