Titans Need to Work Out Mistakes in Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LB Keith Bulluck is a believer that you need to work out mistake during the week at practice to eliminate them on gameday. "Practice is to make mistakes. You’re gonna make mistakes in practice, but sometimes, after those mistakes, if you make them in practice, when you go to the game, you shouldn’t make them," Bulluck said. "We keep making the same mistakes." Bulluck says he's frustrated that some players are not putting in the extra work to improve a defense which has struggled so far this season. "When duty calls, you’ve got to be able to go out and perform," Bulluck said. "That’s why a lot of this stuff is frustrating, because we’re all out there practicing and working and maybe people aren’t putting in the extra time at their jobs. Maybe they’re not doing the extra things like watching film and studying their opponent harder. These are things that I do that I’ve always done. I don’t know. You’ve got to do the extra things that are going to separate you from the rest of the pack."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone notice that Bulluck seems to be the only one who makes comments which point to some players not working hard? It makes you wonder why the media doesn't ask other players about it and not make an issue of it.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Love the sig. pic Jeff... Bulluck is the leader/franchise player of this team. Everyone looks to him when things go wrong, especially in the locker room. He's doing a great job with the media, I just wonder how it is going personally with him.

If I were the Titans coach, I would stick it hard to them in practice. From the looks of things it looks like they are just having their way with the coaches in practice. Or it very well could be that the coaches just aren't putting any effort into changing things/improvement.

We deffinately need to see some improvement in this up coming game. There really isn't any excuse now to use and say that we are stuggling or there are some things going on in the locker room. Volek is gone, now we need to focus on what this franchise has done best, WIN! Lets hope things level out, and yell for your team! GO TITANS!

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i will say this, if the our defense gives up more than 20 points against the phins, someone needs to be fired. the bills had four rookies starting last week and gave up one late touchdown.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Too true. I'd love to hear Hope's opinion on what needs to be done with the secondary. Somehow I can't see it happening.

Albert has said in the past that it's 'Keith's' thing to speak out but he himself isn't that type of guy.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually Hope said much the same thing earlier in the year, about people not giving enough effort, just picking up their paychecks, nothing more.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Maybe the problem is that the defense is practicing against our offense?

The way the offense led by KFC looks, it really shouldn't even be considered "practice" so much as "exercise."

8. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If starting players aren't making the effort they should be benched if backups aren't making the effort they should be cut and if coaches are not requiring the effort and taking action if it's not there they should be fired.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. That should be a given. Which is why I wonder the media doesn't ask Fisher about it.

10. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Why does a Player have to point out mistakes? Coaches should be doing this IMO.

"We keep making the same mistakes." Why hasnt this been corrected from the first time the mistake happened?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar