Titans Next Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

With the Mike Leach firing and no nonsense stance TTU has shown, it makes me wonder if our team is heading for a coaching change too. I for one, am ready to move on without Fisher and into another direction. Now this obviously doesn't mean that Bud is gonna can Fish, but should he, where are we to go?

First off, who are the guys that we make a play for and why? Cowher? Gruden? Shanahan? Heimerdinger? Weis?

I'm torn on this one. I want a coach who understands VY's abilities and believes in him as a QB and one that will be brilliant enough to utilize our offensive weapons like they should be without breaking up our core group of guys.

2. Big Time Titan

I think I'd have to lean toward a guy like Cowher or Shanahan, maybe even Billick. Gruden is definitely on the list but not sure how far up it.

The MNF game in Houston, Gruden was pretty animated when he talked about how great it would be to coach a team with VY and CJ. Itseemed like a subtle way of saying he'd be interested.

If he could tone it down (not be such a hard@ss) then he might be a really good fit. He worked wonders with Oakland, his SB win in TB has overrated his stock but still, he's had success as a HC.

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

It will be Jeff Fisher. A lot of people are calling for a change, but I doubt it will happen. If we do look at other coaches, the only improvements would be Shanahan or Cowher. Weis couldn't cut it at Notre Dame playing some cupcake opponents like they do, so he why would he do well in the NFL? He might be a good coordinator, but not head coach.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hey, what the chances California succeeds from the union in 2010? What's that? Nill? Barring tragedy, I will eat my hat if no one other than Jeff Fisher is the head coach of the Titans next year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Sadly this is true.. I dont think that bum is gonna get canned. But if he were, my first choice would be Dinger,then Shanahan. Those two in my opinion off your list have shown to be the the only ones capable of adjusting to VY.

Billick i have heard several times demanding that VY style of play be changed to the pro style nonsense that i personally know i dont wanna even bother with. At least not until some one has shown they can stop the two headed monster of VY/CJ wildcat/option/zone read offense they show cased in the first couple of weeks VY returned.

Cowher is from somewhat the same school of thought as fisher, though he is more flexible and he will let the best player play for him instead of pulling those stupid stunts fisher pulls with Harper, Chris Henry, (yes i know he didnt play but that man took up a valuable roster spot and he was the worst back on our team for the last 2 years)donnie nickey etc. That crap wouldnt happen on Cowher's watch. And there is no way in hell cowher is gonna call on the smallest running back in the league to smash the ball up a dline while leaving his best impression of Jerom Bettis on the bench..NEVER!!!

And please NO Weis or to any coach from the Billicheat coaching fraternity. All of them have proven to be nothing but failures. (give josh Mcdaniels some time, he will crash just like the rest of them)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

...Tony Dungy would be nice. Surely he's ready to come back?

Make Greg Williams an HC. He's long over due.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

eh. I'd rather someone with no previous relationship to the org.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Even if his relationship is the only thing that made us semi-successful?

What sucks is- we let this guy go to other teams 3 times. Every one of them always improve. He's got the Aints looking like Super Bowl shoe-ins, and with who on defense? Who knows aside from Sharper.

9. Big Time Titan

I started this thread because people hear in Lubbock are going ape'sh!+ over the Mike Leach firing and I wonder how big of a shakeup losing Fish will be. I am all for it though. He's been given more than enough time to get it done and he hasn't.

10. Big Time Titan

True, true. The Saints had no sign on life on D and now they're like WOW. It is no coincidence that his teams have succeeded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar