Titans Next Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The book on jeff fisher..

Average
    Average
    Average

6 winning seasons
    4 losing seasons
    5 8-8 seasons

Average
    Average

The reason he has a record 25 games above 500 is that he has had more really good years with 11 or more wins 5(99,2000,2002, 2003, 2008) than really bad years with 11 or more losses just 2 2004 & 2005. His other 2 losing seasons were just 7-9.

What jeff fisher has never done and will never do is take a team with 8-8 talent and win 10-11 games. He has never done that. He coaches teams up to the level of talent and that is all but for me that is enough.

Any talking head in the media who considers this guy a miracle worker is a moron. He is not but give him 13-3 talent and he will give you a 13-3 team.

The issue then is if he has that talent laden 13-3 type team can he win in the playoffs and there is the rub. His playoff record is 5-6 and without the music city miracle he would be 2-6.

I'm willing to give him another chance here but if he takes another 13-3 team into the post season and doesn't win a game that is pretty fair evidence that he sucks as a playoff coach.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

More average jeff fisher stats.. 1995-2009

Average total offense ranking 15.3

Average total defense ranking 15.4

Again average and the offense has in no way under performed the defense.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You mean our team were handed a play off spot in week 17 of by the Colts playing backups for 55 minutes. Even then we almost didn't make it.

In the playoffs we hung with the Chargers for a half before the usual lack of half time adjustments saw us destroyed in the second half.

Then in 08 we went 13-3. After a warning of being completely embarrassed by the Jets we finished the season with a very unconvincing December. Our #1 seed Titans choked against Fishers nemesis the Ravens.

If all your going to do in the playoffs is say high and go home you may as well be the Texans.

We haven't had a meaningful post season in 9 years.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The number one reason to bash jeff fisher is that we have not won a playoff game in 6 years. I'm not denying that.

I will not blame fisher for the chargers loss because 40% our offensive line was out and one of our 2 best WRs and lendale was less than 100%. The chargers were simply better than us, more talented and rivers was the better QB. Their defense was loaded with players and we were over matched on offense.

Maybe we should bash kevin mawae for being injured for both those playoff games.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cowher won games with Kordell the same way Fisher won games with Mcnair and Young. In the 2 best seasons with Kordell at QB 97 and 01 Kordell rushed for 500 yards per.

Compare Kordell's numbers those 2 years to Mcnair in 99 and 2000 or VY in 07. Very similar.

Cowher never got to the super bowl with kordell either.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Of course you're right about the injuries but my point was that we didn't earn that play off spot.

We backed into the playoffs in 06 with a lot of help.

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

This is the easiest and best situation the majority of us people tired of Fish-Ball are hoping for.

One moar horribad year? Den' yer OUTTA HERE.
    Do good and you might get another contract.

Finally holding people accountable ftw.

It would be dumb to let him go now when he still has a contract year left.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I feel no shame in making the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

We had a 2nd year QB with a 71 passing rating, few good WRs and finnegan and griffin were first year starters. I don't think we underachieved as a team.

Losing in the playoffs last year with home field was an under achievement no question and this team had too much talent to start 0-6. I hold fisher responsible for that.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why? Fisher's contract status should be no concern to us. Many coaches have been fired while under contract including jack pardee in 94 which is how fisher took over. If you think he sucks as a coach then why would his contract status matter?

10. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Chuck Cecil needs to go first....then talk about Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar