Titans Next Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't care that Fisher has 1 year left on his contract, I still say fire his @ss.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's Jeff's boy though.

And he was great as a secondary coach- just wasnt ready to be D-coord

3. luxbear

luxbear New England Titan

Agreed, not going to happen. Especially after the comeback they made from 0-6, and before you all start hatin', remember: we're the first team to do that in NFl history (regardless of the fact that we didn't make the playoffs).

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not sure of we can judge a guy by one season and our secondary declined from last year which is on Marcus Robertson.

I think it is funny that nobody was calling fisher a bad coach last year when we had a top 10 defense. Did he lose some IQ points from last year to the next?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^yes. Also, our D-line is getting very little pressure up the middle which is the major reason our secondary was able to jump routes last year. And we know that it isn't Washburn either.

The loss of Haynesworth was BIG on this defense. Hopefully Marks will be an off-season monster with weights and technique but honestly there just isn't any way to replace a guy like AH. Folks should be giving Reinfeldt as much grief as Fisher.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I do put a bit of blame on Reinfeldt... Our defensive struggles can be boiled down to 2 positions: DT and CB. With the loss of AH they expected Jason Jones to step in, and that didn't happen - I think they should have been more aggressive in finding a bigger DT. And say what you will about Harper - I think he's declined significantly this year compared to last - but we should never have gone into the season with zero depth behind an aging vet.

I tend to believe that Fisher had more say in those personnel decisions, though. It's hard to know for sure, but the Reese-Fisher struggle seemed to end with Bud putting Fisher in charge. A new GM isn't going to come in and disrupt that very much.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We absolutely did the right thing in not signing AH to a monster deal. We offered him the same money that tommy harris got and in my opinion that was enough effort to keep him here. He is not worth $14M a year for any team!

The redskins with AH had 33 sacks we had 29 without him. There were a variety of reasons why we did not rush the passer and not having AH was just one.

MR signed jovan haye who in his last healthy season in 07 had 6 sacks. Haye only had 0.5 for us. I don't think it was MR's fault Jones missed half the season.

I do blame MR for not keeping chris carr after he had a very good year for us. I agree we should have gone after a decent CB.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

;)

9. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

As much as I hate to say it but VY and CJ has saved Fisher's :grrr::grrr::grrr: , yet the ironic twist in the whole saga is Fisher has adamantly said VY hasn't saved his job. Fisher stays, Young goes especially if the Titans throws a curve-ball in the draft by ignoring needs in favor of a new franchise QB and FYI we have the #14 pick as of right now.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wha? link please....

Titans will not be drafting QB early... next year will be VY/KFC - bet it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar