Titans: NFL Sack Leaders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yup, it's week five. Definitely plenty of football to go. Nevertheless, pressuring the QB was a HUGE....HUGE weakness last year and we have clearly improved immensely in that area.

Our secondary is still giving up too many yards, but because of the pressure we get on the QB we have been able to get some turnovers and stop some drives short. I like how this DLine rotation is playing, through and through. Not to mention Will Witherspoon, who has to have shattered any expectations any of us had for him. Just think: this is a young squad, more or less their first year together as a unit. Lots of room for improvement, which could mean dominant defense later in the season. Just a thought...:wink2:

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I honestly thought Witherspoon would make a world of a difference. Glad to see that has worked out. When we signed him, I didn't mind letting Bulluck walk. Now no one can be mad we didn't resign Bulluck.

It always seems to me that when our defense is good, we always give up a lot of passing yards. As long as it doesn't result in points, who cares....

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Mos def. My thinking too. I don't like that we're giving up so much through the air because a guy like #18 will have a field day with our secondary if we can't tighten it up. But even still, we've faced a big time QB in Romo, gave up a ton of yards yet still walked away with a W.

I'm with JC, as long as we win who cares how many yards we give up. But I would still like to see our secondary clamp down and be a stingy and dominant unit. But like you said CK, this could all be leading to some really great D as the season rolls on and that gives us a lot to look forward to.

4. turnNburn

turnNburn All American NCAAF Gamer!

We have the best defensive line in the entire league! Don't believe it??.. GO JOIN THE SQUEELER fans and cry when Troy Polamulu get's injured, and blame the defensive struggles on that one player...

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The titans are a gambling defense. They have to be. When we lose our gamble, big plays like the big TD to miles austin occur. That's why you see so many teams putting up big yards on us... It kind of reminds me of the superbowl team we had. Teams could move the ball on us, but they couldn't score TDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar