Titans, NFL sued by Vegas shooting victim

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BronzeHammer, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BronzeHammer

BronzeHammer Guest

You may be right, but I believe that DNA testing concluded several times over that the saliva on the cop's leg or whatnot was not Jones's. I distinctly remember reading this. Actually, I just found it:

Pacman DNA

I had not read any further, nor do I know whether this will still manifest into anything, do you have any news about this? Anyway, it seems to me that the large majority of these items, particularly those that are coming from people hoping Pacman was somehow involved so they can get a payday, will eventually go away. Frivolous should not and will not keep Pac from continuing his NFL career.

Did you completely forget that not only has Pacman not been convicted of this crime, but also that there hasn't even been a trial or presentation of any significant evidence other than "he was there"? This guy cannot win, because even if by some miracle Pacman is found guilty, it will be incredibly difficult to find fault with the Titans, much less the NFL. This sort of irresponsible litigation (and the astounding amount of support for it based on some kind of pity) is what's wrong with our justice system, and probably the populace in general.

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

the only thing irresponsible is pacman and the titans refusal to discipline him properly.

a guy is paralyzed because pacman started a mini-riot and titans fans care about is making sure pacman comes back to the team so we can get a win. i'd say that's a problem with society. not a paralyzed man trying to get SOMETHING because his life has been drastically changed.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Why do our allegiances have to get in the way of discussing a logical matter??? It's still unclear if Pacman even started the riot, but even if he did, can he be held responsible for a shooting he can't be linked too??? It seems to me that the shooter should be sued, and possibly the club for liability assuming no waiver was signed. I understand that the man's life has been drastically changed, but if he wants to get anything, he should probably set his sights on those at fault, and not just those that have the money. He's probably hoping for an out of court settlement. I can't think of any other way he can win this one. I don't want to seem too cynical, but people get shot all the time. A lot of people get shot and killed. You know how many of these cases victims or families of are awarded damages??? This guy feels like he has won the wrong place wrong time lottery, and he's pulling out all the stops. I know the guy needs money, but seriously, should Pacman, and the Titans, and the NFL have to pay for this???

4. The club doesn't make enough money to bother suing. Plus, they are probably backing him up...

5. No, he is paralyzed because someone shot him. No one has shown any evidence that Pacman is either the shooter or behind the shooting.

I think most people feel bad for the guy. But that doesn't give him any reason to sue someone who had nothing to do with his injury.

He might be able to prove that Pacman was involved, but I daresay he can't pin any blame on the NFL or Bud Adams.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have no problem with him suing pacman. He may or may not be able to win that one, but it's at least reasonable. The part accusing the NFL and the Titans is what I find to be ridiculous. There isn't even a logical argument to support the liability there.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I figured suing everyone but the club was due to that. (money) But how do you sue someone for a butterfly effect? It's sort of like suing a gun shop for a murder.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He could sue the club he was working for, the property owners (different club), and the shooter. Okay, they haven't found the shooter, and they probably won't. He wouldn't pay the damages anyway, but the nightclubs would. He may not end up a multi-millionaire the same way as if he wins his case against Pacman, the Titans, and the NFL, but he would be taken care of, and history of litigation suggests that the nightclubs would be the logical choice. Maybe Pacman as well, but that depends on whether they can determine that he is the direct cause of the shooting. At this time, they can't even find the shooter, so I imagine that they would have a tough time linking Pacman to the shooting. Keep your TV set to CourTV. I'm willing to bet that once the litigation against Pacman, the Titans, and the NFL fall through, Urbanski pivots towards the nightclubs.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I really don't know much aboout the law, but I would think the Titans or NFL would need to be found as culpable, possibily creating an environment which fosters criminal activity. I don't really see any evidence of that. However, I would think there are remote possibilities. If the NFL was allowing something to happen by looking the other way ( such as rampid steroid use ), and they knew about it, and that steroid use or the purchase of steroids led to these crimes, then you would think they may somehow be responsible. If they knew that Pac Man was going to commit these crimes, that too. But neither seems likely to me. I aways look to the possibilties first tho', because you just never know what a lawyer can dig up. It's all about angles now. What we don't know is who the shooter is, or who the executor was, and for all we know, he could be a Titans employee other than Pac Man. I'm just saying, we don't know anything and there are a lot of strange scenarios out there we haven't thought of yet.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm talking about the thing in Georgia. I thought he bit the cop but he may have "allegedly" done something else. I may have the biting confused with the bouncer story in Vegas.

It's all becoming a blur to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar