Titans Not Concerned About Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After racking up 34 points in their preseason opener and rushing for 340 yards, the Titans looked to pass the football more last night against the Raiders and struggled in the process. "We didn't make a lot of plays. We're aware of it," Justin Gage said. "But we can't point the finger. We have to all take responsibility and try and improve as a team. It was just one of those days where we weren't clicking." Vince Young was only 4-for-13 for 37 yards including a number of poor throws and a couple of drops. When asked if he was discouraged about not finding a rhythm, Young replied, "Not at all. … I mean, that's the preseason. That's why we work. I'm going to have a long season ahead of me and I'll continue to get better and better. I hate it because I have to hear these questions like this every time something like that happens. That's the only thing I hate about it. At the same time I know the potential of this team and the potential of myself as well."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If Young had a history of being a good passer I wouldn't be concerned. Young has a history of being a poor passer and our receivers have a history of drops. Things don't look like their changing, so yea I'm a little concerned.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I wish Young would change his throwing motion...It's just unbearable to watch and its so inaccurate...

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

His motion is fine. It almost always does more damage to start a guy's motion over than to just let it be. His arm looked good, it just was not getting to the WRs or they were not catching it.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I can only go off the stats as I didn't see or hear the game.

After a bad start KFC has shown he's an excellent backup to have.He fared no better than Young. I'm not concerned,crap happens & it's the pre-season.

Gage showed he was very reliable last year & R.Williams finished well.

B.Jones has had more than enough chances & done nothing by way of improvement or consistency. Considering how much time we've given him,it's way too early to write off P.Williams.

Hawkins is showing more early than any WR we've had in a long time yet he was poor in wk1.

We really won't know how our passing game stands up until the season is under way for real.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Young is still streaky with his mechanics. On the deep ball to McCareins that Huff almost picked, he threw off his back foot. It floated and gave Huff time to get over there.

Look at some of those balls when hit the field five yards in front of the receiver and most were due to Young not stepping into the pass.

The other thing I noticed is the same thing I've noted in camp in that he is hesitant to throw the ball to a spot before his receiver is open. He was late a number of times.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

collins

8. vslyke

VY will be finished with his mechanics by at least the end of the season. Dinger will make sure of that.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His motion isn't fine. And it can't hurt to make him change it. It's not as if he's going to throw any worse.

10. vslyke

Wow. That is some blatant hate right there. I'm not even going to try and prove you wrong, seeing as it would just be a waste of your time and of my time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar