Titans offense, 2005 vs 2006

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I can see our new defense keeping the other teams from scoring against us in 2006. I just can't see our offense putting up any more points in 2006 as they did in 2005. If we would of had this 2006 defense in 05, we probably would have won those close games. I'm wondering the impossible, what if......!
    So far, only 2 BIG changes have been made on our offense, Givens and Mawea(?). Some vets that needed to go are gone. Is this enough to make a big difference in 06? Same QB, same Double Threat backfield, same WRs plus Givens, same TEs and a younger OL + Mawea.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I really didn't and still don't like the addition of Givens to this offence. Drew Bennet can put up numbers, Calico is a bust but we used 3 picks last year on WR. We currently have 4 TEs on the roster, did we need another WR (we should have drafted and developed another one, maybe?). I don't know, it just seems a waste in two respects.. the draft picks and the money we gave to givens.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, assuming that Calico won't contribute, Jones won't play for the most of the season because of his injury, so that would leave us with Bennet, Williams and Roby. And frankly Roby and Williams weren't that good, so Givens was an excellent signing.

The only signing that would have significantly improved our offence would on the O-line or RB, and there weren't anyone available worth signing (that we could afford anyway), imo.

4. Givens was a good signing. Overspent, yes, but definitley a great addition.

If we can improve our O-Line, then that makes a world of difference, Brown and Henry can run big yardage, and our starting QB, whoever it is, can put up solid numbers.

We don't have to have an amazing offense. We just need an offense that can get it done consistently.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We might not have signed Givens if Jones wasn't going to be out for almost all of next season. We need a little depth at WR, and I think Givens was a good choice, even if he was a little expensive. I think both his and Drew's numbers will be up from last year.

On the whole, I think the offense will improve. I'm expecting more from Henry, and it's make or break for Brown so hopefully he tears it up. Mawae should be good for our line, bringing a lot of experience and a solid center. Roos will be improved, and we won't have the 5 false starts from Hopkins every game. It may not be a huge jump, but it will be acceptable, and if our defense can hold us in games a little more, I think we could have better results than most of us are expecting.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Then again, it's been four months since I've seen any titans football, so I'm starting to get unreasonably optimistic...

Also, who's at QB will be a factor, we'll lose something if Mcnair's gone, but we could see some good progress depending on who we sign if we bring them in a little later in the season for parts of games.

7. What if we turn into Bears offensive?

I'm not a fan of that happening!

8. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Our improved Defense is going to help our offense in a big way. I think that by not playing from behind in nearly every game becasue our D cant get a stop will allow us to get our running game and playaction game going. Both of which are usually strengths for this team. Of course this is assuming the changes we made on D our going to turn out well, and if our RB's stay healthy.

9. and with a better defence other teams probally wont get as many big plays on us therefor our offence wont be going against the team with a lot of momentum, for the most part at least

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Is an improved D one that "holds" the opponent to less than the 4TDs a game they have allowed the last two seasons. Honestly as long as MbSGWb is DC I will only believe the D will be good when they prove it on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar