Titans Offense Continues to Sputter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans offense in the Falcons 17-3 loss was lackluster as it has been all of the preseason. Despite Vince Young playing better, he had his first INT of the season and the receivers let him down with drops. After three preseason games the bottom line is this: In 12 drives the first team offense has produced just two field goals and no touchdowns. "We did OK, but we need to iron some things out," Young said. "I feel like we need a little more excitement as an offense. Having fun making the block, making the catch. We need some more excitement on offense and we need to have some more fun." Young vows to be more vocal as the Titans hope to generate more offense Thursday when they close the preseason in Green Bay.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He's just flipping out. VY has actually looked pretty good so far, especially in the Falcons game. I think he will make a big imporvement over last year. We just have to hope that AH stays healthy.

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Did you actually watch the game? He (and our offense in general) looked horrible

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

No I couldn't, but from the highlights and the commentary I've seen, VY was pretty good. He had a copule of bad passes (the INT especially) but the WRs screwed him over relentlessly (Gage losing the ball in the lights, J-Mac falling down coming back to the ball, Roydell not breaking off the route with a big blitz, Gage dropping a big pass). I think the WRs are going to be a bigger problem than VY.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the bad part is... is anybody really surprised about all these drops?

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

we need to bring in some wr when the teams cut to 53, other teams scrubs maybe better than what is on our roster. Collins was 1 for 8 was that all collins?

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Agreed. Our WR play is worse than we all think. It's only pre-season though.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I expected Gage to be good but so far in pre-season he likes his new contract to much. I thought Ealy looked okay and R. Williams played his first game of the pre-season so I didn't expect much from him anyway. P. Williams made a great catch but then the next pass to him that he dropped from Collins looked a little behind him. I wish Hawkins played to see how he'd play after that TD but I guess next week we'll find out. J-Mac except for the falling was also okay. The problem is, I'm describing most of our WR's as okay.

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Week 1 against Jax you will see this offense crumble. They will put 8 in the box and dare VY to beat them. Since we know he can't it might be a long day. I also do not like how he handles the blitz. He did have that one play where he stepped up in the pocket nicely only to gun it down field five feet over over the receivers head. I won't lie. I'm getting nervous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar