Titans Offense in Last 2 Games and Top 5 players

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Of course you have to take these ratings for what they are but also understand what makes up the epa and wpa and its thru week 7!!!!!!

We all know and accept the FACT that Verner, Britt and Griff have played tremendously this year but when those fans who have invested their "fan hood" in Vince Young see he really hasn't gave the Titans a better chance to win than Collins THUS FAR these ratings all the sudden become garbage.

As for mentioning Lendale it goes back to the legion of fans that were so upset at the Titans trading White to Seattle so we could move up to take Verner.

Scoring in 12 of 22 drives is impressive no matter how you look at it and VY helped in that stat (1 of 2).

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Wha-wha-what??!

Kerry Collins is a great BACKUP QB. I love having Kerry as a Titan...but Vince has played great this year using his arm and has the ability to keep drives alive by making plays with his feet and moving around in the pocket.

Collins has thrown 3 picks this season in limited action. Vince has thrown 2 in triple the playing time. Not to take anything from Kerry, but Britt just made great plays.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And I suppose you're going to sit there and tell me Josh Freeman gives the Bucs a better chance to win than Peyton Manning gives the Colts? Because that's what those ratings are telling me by your logic...

And apparently Danny Woodhead is the fifth best runningback in the league. These ratings are whack, regardless of what anyone says.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?year=2010&pos=RB&season=all

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Plz stop !

I did with the whole hawk over mariani thing I think you should too we are winning and thats what matters good or bad stats.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Good stuff, Touche.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not about Vince Young vs Kerry Collins. It's about VY and Kerry vs the league.

VY has the 4th best pass-int ratios. 50.5.

Between the 2 of them they throw an int every 34.6 passes and a TD every 14.4 passes. Combined they have a passing rating of 95. That's outstanding!

Which 2 QBs have the best pass to TD ratios in the NFL? Vince Young and Kerry Collins both at 14.4!

Only 4 nfl Qbs have more TD passes than our 2 guys combined. That despite not throwing the ball as much.

There are haters on these boards who want to pit one player against another or a coach against a player. Don't tolerate that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is it one player against another when both have played well? Both have passing ratings above 90 isn't that great?

VY has been one of the most consistent QBs and KC did some good things in all 3 of the games he has played in.

FYI Jeff fisher is the reason KC was back this year. He insisted we needed to keep him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was/am a LenDale fan. When things are going in the direction of 6-2, I am happy and can't complain about that trade. It's given us 2 valuable corners, but its only been a few games. Verner is getting very good it seems, and I hope he takes off, and becomes a star, but you're going back to that stuff on LenDale? He's gone, and isn't for you to worry about. I like what he offered to our team as well as his personality. He was a fun player to follow. But at the moment, you can't say Verner has done anymore than LenDale. Hopefully at the end of this season we can say a season with Verner got us farther than when LenDale was in town. The trade that gave us a chance to draft Verner has worked out in our favor since Ringer is also stepping his game up.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Verner has been a huge contribute to a couple of big wins already, Lendale wouldn't have been. And this is coming from a Lendale fan.

10. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Verner has been a great surprise as well as our pass rush. VY is playing great. Super block to get CJ loose today as well as some nice touch on his passes. He was a little less consistent today but I liked the short passes he completed today with touch as an addition to his repetoire. Our Tight Ends and CJ need to work on catching the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar