Titans offense Roundtable

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

A Roundtable, maybe more of a shot of reality. Here's the truth about our offense (as I see it);

Our schedule - It's very tough this year, rated in the top 5. Last years schedule was very easy.
    Our QB - It doesn't FEEL like the Titans coaches are comfortable with Volek. Early talks about Kerry Collins coming to camp does not sound like everyone is happy. I don't know of anyone who thinks Volek will make it past October, not a good sign.
    Our RBs - We are starting the same two RBs we had last year. Both have uncertain futures. Both were uneffective last year. One of them will probably be out of the NFL in 2007 if the Titans decide to not re-new his contract. They might keep him considering his price.
    Our TEs - We accually look strong here if we can keep them healthier than we have through camp!
    Our DBs - With the addition of Chris Hope, this group has potential. Pacman, Hill, Thompson..............not too bad.
    Our OL - Can anyone be sold on an OL when the coaches really don't have an idea as to who is starting where? The OL hurt our game last year by not forcing holes for the RBs, and forcing an old McNair to run for his life. The addition of Mawea should help, but it won't eliminate that huge question mark.

One uncertain QB + two questionable RBs + an entire OL trying to figure out who's starting = trouble! 8-8, I don't think so.

2. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Shouldn't you discuss WRs rather than DBs? I like your points overall, but let's hear about the WR group.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

kerry collins was pure rumor.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i wouldn't be surprised if we added a vet OL / CB

5. H Man

H Man Guest

Schedule - Indeed. We have a VERY tough schedule this year. I personally think this will be our biggest hurdle to a winning or .500 season.

QB - I don't know the source of your FEELINGS, but the only indication I get of people that THINK Volek won't last are the pinhead experts on ESPN, and the like.

RB - I actually like our RB situation. Brown's beefed up. Henry has a healthy ankle. And we have a young piledriver in White. Out of the league??? Come on.

TE - They'll be fine.

WR - They might tank, or be remarkable. Probably somewhere in the middle. Volek and Bennett's timing will surprise many, I believe.

OL - The only unsettled OL position is RT. Its not uncertainity. Its called COMPETITION, Gus.

I personally like the Titans moves this offseason. I agree it'll be difficult to break even this year (two primary factors are youth and schedule), but its darn sure possible. And I think even if we don't, that the rudder is in the water and the ship is back on course.

Man, you are a pessimist. Go pee on someone else's parade.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

"Man, you are a pessimist. Go pee on someone else's parade."
    Like I said, this is a shot of reality. Some believe the cup is half full, some believe the cup is half empty. Sorry, I call it like it is.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Heh. "Call it like it is" is always the cynic's mantra. Being cynical doesn't make you more observant or intelligent. Your points may well be right, but to accuse others of being unrealistic is a bit unfair.

Now, I personally think you have pointed out a lot of legit question marks, but I'm still pretty optimistic about this season, because all of those questions could be answered in a positive way. I'm reserving judgment until I see these guys play in the preseason.

Last season we lost several games by less than a TD. A play or two in each of those games could have resulted in a MUCH better season. If we can show more consistency this year, we'll suddenly get a lot better and people will think we made a huge leap, when in fact a lot of it was set up last season.

8. H Man

H Man Guest

It might be a shot of your reality, but not everyone's. Thank goodness.. Furthermore, you don't call it like it is. You call it like you percieve it to be. Your negative perception doesn't make it reality. Your logic, Sir, is incomplete and flawed.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

fitantitans, you can pee on my parade. It's okay. Even Vince is saying we will be a .500 or better ballclub. what have you got?

One uncertain QB + two questionable RBs + an entire OL trying to figure out who's starting = trouble! 8-8, I don't think so.

that statement is open to one's interrup-tation, so you sir are correct,:yes: you do present although be-it a flawed half empty cup, the D? :yes:

:whoop:
    Man, you are a pessimist. Go pee on someone else's parade.

[​IMG]
    _____________hahahaha

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it must be true God has spoken :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar