Titans Offered Sixth-Rounder for Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Well put....keep him aboard. He won't like it, but that's okay.

2. Take whatever draft pick we can get for Volek.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

He isn't going to accept being a #3 back-up. What are you crazy? He believes he can be a very succesful starter in this league. Not on this team..good luck Billy

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we need to get the guy out of the locker room. just move on. stop the questions of who should/will start.

as for the three qbs on the roster, we usually carry three. however, i think there are about nine teams this year who have just two qbs on the roster. we at least have someone we can turn to who knows the offense in mock if collins and young were to go down.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

San Diego's logic might be that the Jets got Patrick Ramsey for a 6th.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

its shame too

had the F.O. pulled the trigger back when Billy had any value to speak of i think everyone would be a little happier

and big flippin deal if an opponenet received information from Billy prior to a matchup ..... does that crap really matter ? all a team need do is watch a little game film and they'd figure the same info

it's stupid - ridiculous even. hell even Houston got Samkon Gado for Morency
    imo, had they continued to let Billy start - AND THEN TRADE HIM - (week 3 to SD) i feel we could have received a more favorable compensation
    screw up #1 : not trading Billy after 2004 campaign
    screw up #2 : announce Billy has lost his job before signing his replacement
    screw up #3 : announce his replacement is Kerry Collins
    screw up #4 : have Billy on the roster week 1, guaranteeing his salary
    screw up #5 : 6th Round Pick for a (once) starting QB who's salary is now guaranteed

simple solution : KEEP HIM - START HIM (can't be any worse than Collins), let him get a couple of games under his belt and see if that value goes up any - if it doesn't = oh well - you squandered an opportunity to get a coveted 6th round pick, at least trade him for SOMEBODY else

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

The thing is, the Titans do not have to trade Volek. Let it be a bidding war, or let him go to FA. A 6th is worthless to us. Sure, Finnegan made the squad this year, but is he the answer? I thought not...

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Hahahaha. Hate To Say It, But I Have Too. I Told You So!!!!! Lol It Feels Great. Everybody Thought We Would Get A 3rd Round Pick, But They Don't Know What They Are Talking About. Sorry Lol I Just Had To Get It Out. Reality Check People, We Would Have Never Gotten A 3rd Round Pick For Volek.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ridiculous.

Getting a playbook (basically) would be much more affective then watching game film.
    Playbook has everything, game film has the plays that have been tried.

and what relevance is that to anything?

Once again, McNair got a 4th. Teams would use that as leverage.
    The basic premise is that they would say, your starter got a 4th, are you saying your backup is more valuable and better then your starter from last year? If so, why didn't he start?

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Look at our QB situation. We've got Kerry Collins starting for us for heaven's sake. If Billy Volek was worth anything we'd keep him.

Take the 6th. It's a bargain. He'll go to San Diego, sit on the bench (he holds a pretty good clipboard). He might get a bit of game time against prevent defenses late in games if they are giving Rivers a break and he'll put up some decent numbers, but won't win any games for them. Next offseason he'll be a free agent again because he'll be beaten out in camp by AJ Feeley's one armed son and we'll have a bunch of people crying to sign him again because of what he did in 3 consecutive losses back in 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar