Titans Offered Sixth-Rounder for Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Sure they dont have to trade him. But why should they keep a Million dollar 3rd string QB on the roster? Why cut him for free when you can get a lil something for him, that makes since right? I mean some fans act like he was an all pro and teams should be trading there whole draft to get him. Billy V is a career backup nothing more.

A 6th could be wortless so could a 1st. But a 6th could be combined with another pic to move up and get a player we like.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Anything we get for him will be more than we used to acquire him.

3. true, he was a udfa

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That's what I'm talking about.

You add this with the ideas presented in the "Titan's draft picks have sucked" thread, I can't see where any loss would occur. Apparently, the Titans can't draft for s##t anyway.

So keep him, play him, let him define his own value. If he wants to start--and if he thinks he's starter material--let him prove it, drive up his own value, hopefully win some games, then trade for a higher pick. Everyone's happy, except for BV who will want to be high value so he can get the hell away from the FO that just shafted him.

5. Guy's, I expected a sixth rounder for Volek, not many teams are willing to give more than that. But I dont think we should trade him yet, if he can show trade value in the next few weeks, god forbiding he starts, then we should shop around and see what we can get...

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I think Floyd usually does very well in this arena. My memory escapes me (all of you under 30 get ready for it), what did Floyd get for Carlos Hall?
    Floyd just wants to get the most for Billy, and the longer we hold him the more trade value he has. I say that because more situation like the one in KC will occur. We've got a few more weeks before Volek has to be traded, it's in our best interest to get the most for him we can.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

do you really think Billy's going to be able to translate our schemes to an opponenet ? they already know the packages ... and what the hot routes were ..... sure a player with knowledge of a playbook may be able to reveal a little bit more; but big friggin deal .... i don't see how that's gonna hurt us - thery're gonna blitz the hell out of Collins and probably play man - i bet they could care less
    and it's not like BIlly is going to be able to hand them the actual playbook

. i'll try and explain
    Houston (notorious for making unfavorable trade / draft decisions) aquired a RB who rushed for almost 600 yards and 6 TD's in 5 starts last year - quite a bit more than Morency ..... they upgraded
    I don't think a 6th Rounder is an upgrade (regardless of Billy's draft status)

he's already on the books for the year
    he might as well be retained
    or he should have been traded/released weeks ago
    it's basically buying a 6th round pick for $1million

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sounds like the thing to do to me.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You underestimate knowledge Puck.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think you're overestimating it though. A good offence is one where the opponent knows what you're doing, but still can't stop it.

Besides having 2-3 days to digest the opponents playbook wouldn't give any team any signifanct advantage, it's simply to short a time to do anything worthwhile with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar