Titans Official Statement on Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The following statement was release by Tennessee Titans Owner, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer K.S. “Bud” Adams, Jr. on the Pacman Jones charges: “My organization’s sole focus is the 2007 season. Our efforts are concentrated on the players contributing to the goals we have set. We will monitor developments regarding Adam Jones and will expect him to abide by the terms of his suspension as set forth by Commissioner Goodell. We are moving forward as a team and do not expect to comment on any future matters concerning him until his suspension is completed.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. DRAY

DRAY Camp Fodder

I say we mirror the Titans' position and discontinue talking about Pacman until his suspension is completed.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Nice first post DRAY. I agree.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

good idea.. wont happen though

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i say we cut pacman and the commish is granted rights to ban him for life from the NFL. why? for LACK OF FRIGGIN COMMON SENSE!!!!!

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That really isn't far from the truth. Last night Terrell Davis on Total Access discussed Pac's problems at length. Riverman may disagree with this, but he basically said it doesn't matter if Pac is convicted of any of these crimes, it is the fact he is in the headlines, and being tied to strip clubs and gangster type activities. The NFL wants a squeaky clean image, and he is an embarrassment to the league. As a Titans' fan, I am sick of him being associated with this organization, no matter how good is on the field skills are. The damage he does to this team will never be made up for by shutting down a few receivers, or taking some kicks back. We have sold our soul to the devil, and it's time to get it back.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

NFL rules dictate that a suspended player can't be cut - so he'll technically be on the roster for a while... but it is time to move on. I admit I was wrong about him - I gave him the benefit of the doubt too many times. May I suggest the mods begin bleeping the word "Pacman" on this forum :) I even hesitate to post this because we're all pretty sick of him at this point - supporters and haters alike.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's not true, according to John McClain. They were discussing that on 104.5 a couple days ago, and John said he did research it and found out that a suspended player can indeed be cut.
    He said the Titans have not cut Pacman yet because they are waiting to see what's the best way to release him and get some salary cap relief.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:werd:

I refuse to use the nickname any longer. Perhaps a sub-forum devoted to Jones' threads would work.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The Titans took this stance on Albert when he was suspended. Fisher believes on focusing on the players that are on the roster and not making the suspended player a distraction.

Despite what is in the media, many players and Coaches care for Pac as a person and are giving him support off the field. Many people, including me, could care less if he plays again or not, we're just concerned for him as a man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar