Titans Officially Name Cecil Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have officially announced Chuck Cecil as their Defensive Coordinator. "Chuck has seen this defense from a number of different perspectives and he is ready for this next step," said Titans head coach Jeff Fisher. "I felt like continuity at this point was very important for our defense. Jim (Schwartz) and the defensive staff over the last several years have developed a very good system and I wanted to keep as many of those parts together as possible." Ex-Titans safety Marcus Robertson was promoted to secondary coach and the team added Tim Hauck as assistant secondary coach.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I'm anxious to see how he does....

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Marcus Robertson secondary coach... cool!

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was thinking the same thing. it's cool to see a guy who was playing for us 9 years ago making his way up the coaching ranks for the same team.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Jim Schwartz NOT defensive coordinator ...... hell yeah !!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If any of Cecil's mentality rubs off on the rest of the defense, it's going to be downright NASTY this season.

7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Here's to teeth, hair, and eyeballs all over the field!:beerbang:

8. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

The best guy on our current staff we could promote. Good move Fisher.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It seems like our defense carries a lot of momentum out of our camps, which seemingly are pretty rough, tough and intense: or just.. competitive. We needed a DC that could help keep this momentum and intensity going when the intensity momentum, things start to "begin to dwindle".

Good ol' Mr. Chuck Cecil just happens to be perfect and has the job. He'll help continue the tenacity and maintain the intensity. I think we'll see a big improvement over RedHat Schwartz.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar