Titans Officially Name Cecil Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

What is Blaine up to these days?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he does game day radio for titans radio

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

too bad there aren't any videos to be found of vintage Cecil hits

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Now that our coaching staff is situated,its time to get this roster squared away so we can really start the predictions:lol:

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I love it... Cecil has put his stamp on a secondary that was struggling only a few years ago. I think his style of coaching will recognize the ebbs and flows of the game better than Schwartz did - and he'll be more likely to adjust quicker than Schwartz who stuck to his predictive models too long.

Kudos to Fisher. Congrats to Robertson, too. Players love it, coaches love it. Good start to the offseason!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not a bad hire but i'm not going to make any assumptions about what a chuck cecil defense will be like. I'm not sure how his being a hard hitting player translates to a hard hitting defense. The best defensive minds in football have not even played in the nfl and cecil lacks a significant amount of coaching experience.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm not worried.
    First off, our defense is pretty much going to stay in place from last year. If nothing else, we can 'ride' on the talent and cohesion of our D (should Cecil need a little time to spool up a bit) until Cecil gets caught up. I don't think that will be the case though. I'm sure he knows the whole defense well enough to grab the reins.
    Secondly, his hard hitting attitude is going to rub off on all the defensive players, especially if they respect him (and I'm pretty positive the DBs do).
    I also think with his hard hitting style and mentality, that he might take a few more chances than Schwartz did.
    I can't say for sure how we'll do as a defense, but I'm excitedly looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar