Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Offseason Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Feb 19, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,370
    by cake
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,052

This is CAKETOWN!!!!

Brush your teeth!!!!
  3. Wraith Special Teams Standout

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $285
    I don't even want Levitre anymore, I'd take him obviously, but I want us to draft Warmack in the 1st and Warford in the 3rd. Cheaper and a longer term solution and we could then use our cap space to fill another need or two with the money Levitre would cost
  4. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,726
    Who ever wrote the contract for amano at 6,000,000 should be slapped and banned from working in the nfl ever again.
  5. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $127,146
    This newbie has made a thread that is going to be real freaking popular for a few weeks at least.
    Scarecrow, titans1839 and Big Time Titan high five this.
  6. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,289
    Except again, those numbers are not accurate if we are looking at CAP savings. You still have to deduct any dead money for bonus paid that has still not been accrued. The real CAP savings is less than half that.

Also, unless we are actually in a bad CAP situation you might still in the end want to keep some of those high priced guys even if they are over paid until you see what you go into and come out of camp with.
  7. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $6,074
    He done good didn't he.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  8. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $11,174
    Hindsight's 20/20. I think it was a solid move at the time we made it. Everyone knew he was past his prime. But I don't think anyone really knew he'd be as useless as he turned out to be.
    Titanup1982 high fives this.
  9. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $6,074
    That was a dumb-ass move on our FO part. We basically signed him off of reputation alone because had they checked him out they would have seen that he was bound to end up hurt and on the sidelines. They can't afford to neglect the OL again this time around because if we don't improve it we'll be lucky to finish at .500
  10. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $11,174
    I agree with the last sentence 100%.

I don't take up for the FO often. But I don't really blame them for signing Hutch. We needed help on the entire interior. We brought in the big name center FAs for visits and for whatever reason they didn't work out. FO definitely blew it in the draft though.