Titans Offseason Cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

They aren't that expensive... Otto won't get cut, he has been a solid backup and I think Munch and Matthews like having him around.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

You could be right there. However, as an all around DT, Jones was better. We F'ed up big time with that whole DE experiment, although it did sound good at the time, even I remember I was some what excited for it.

The thing is Jones could hold his own as more of an all around DT, especially beside a bigger guy. Klug if left out there, I feel he would get swallowed overtime and disappear.

Also, as xpmar9x said, he's better inside, I dont think we should make the same mistake with him as we did with J.J.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

The Hammer
    I actually like Otto, I think he can be more than just a back-up. I hope we do keep him around actually, even with that price tag. We all saw how your OL can seemingly disappear in a matter of weeks...

Upright7 - I hope ur right bro...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

The thing with Otto though is that even when he was healthy in week 17, Stingly started in place of him. Maybe they were just seeing what stingly had, but if not its hard to justify paying Otto over a million when you have stingly on a rookie contract.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I really never understood the Otto love, he's serviceable as back-up, that is all. He's not even "good" at being a back-up, just not horrible.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The draft is deep with o linemen this year. We should take advantage and rebuild some depth in the later rounds.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I fear this is Munchak's thinking, might be his last draft as a HC, he's gonna want some weapons and not a Guard.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I don't think Munch has that much power

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

OG in the 1st....book it! :) Then the cuts come for Amano and Hutch.

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I think we go with guards in the second and fourth rounds. Elite defensive ends cost way too much money in free agency. it would be nice to lock one up for 4 years on the cheap! I'd even be happy with a dominant defensive tackle round 1.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar