Titans on Twitter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NewHorizans, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I don't think you guys are getting the point. Like it or hate it. Twitter is only getting larger. How many of you still dont have a Smartphone?? You can join now or later. But just like the internet itself. You can only go so long before you have no choice but to use it.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Wanna bet?!? I will never get a twitter account. You can do everything on Facebook. Facebook is like instagram, twitter, pinterest, etc...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Believe it or not, I know a few Titans fans up here (I live in the North East), and they are pretty loyal. I have friends and family in TN and I really enjoy it there, and while Titans fans are not as plentiful as the major market teams, I think the fans are more rational and less annoying. Do you know how hard it is to drive past the LINK everyday?!?!?! It smells of failure and depression. Hahahahaahhaa

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I hate Twitter....lol

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

1. I don't have a hard time believing there are more Texan fans than Titan fans. Reason simply being, Texas is a much, much larger state. Even taking all the Cowboys fans into consideration, it still makes sense that there'd be more Texans fans.
    2. I wouldn't necessarily say that # of Twitter followers is the best way to measure a team's fanhood/popularity anyway. I've been on Twitter for over 4 years and I still don't follow the Titans. I don't want those overly-PR'd headlines crowding up my feed. All I need is Jim Wyatt and a couple other beat writers for my Titans news.

As for Twitter in general, IMO it's absolutely top-notch for consuming news, reading funny thoughts/observations, and the occasional interaction with a person you wouldn't normally be able to interact with. But I don't use it to interact with people I actually know in real life. I find Facebook much better for that (and I'm not a big fan of FB).

My main, and really only, problem with Twitter is that it can get very convoluted and overwhelming once you start following too many users. Like right now, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll just to get to 2-3 hours ago in my feed. I don't even worry about trying to keep up anymore. I just pop in a couple times a day and check out the most recent tweets.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Facebook sucks

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People being so adamant about not using twitter remind me of people that hated on the idea of email way back in the day. Or texting.

It's pretty silly.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Facebook sucks

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

So how many have created a Twitter account?? Don't be scared. You don't even have to use it. Just support the Titans.

Oh, and I don't care what you guys think about Facebook. I barely use my account on there anyway

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Twitter is good for breaking news. Especially during free agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar