Titans on verge of breaking dubious record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Just when the Titans appeared to be making strides on defense, they traveled to Green Bay and were smothered by an avalanche of points.

As a result of Sunday’s 55-7 loss to the Packers, the Titans have now allowed 451 points on the season. No team in the NFL has allowed more through the season’s first 15 games.

The Titans are on the verge for setting a franchise record for points allowed in a season – the 1983 Houston Oilers surrendered 460 points. The Jaguars, Sunday’s opponent at LP Field, scored 24 points against the Titans on November 25.

Coach Mike Munchak said he’s not satisfied with how the team has played on defense. But he said the Titans can’t ignore some of the positives they’d made prior to Sunday’s game. In the previous six weeks, the Titans ranked third in total defense, fourth in scoring, second in opponent passer rating and second in interceptions.

“Just because one game doesn’t go your way, you can’t cancel all the good stuff you’d done,’’ Munchak said on Monday. “I think when you evaluate what you are doing you look at everything, and you can’t just make rash judgements on, “Well, they lost 55 to 7, everyone needs to go.” You have to look at why that has happened, and how do you fix that.”

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers threw for 342 yards and three touchdowns against the Titans. The Packers became the eighth team this season to score at least 30 points against Tennessee.

Cornerback Alterraun Verner said the Titans fought to the end.

“I wouldn’t say we quit,’’ he said. “I felt on defense we were still flying around trying to make plays, it just wasn’t happening. People were still trying to make diving catches, trying to make plays. But nothing worked and unfortunately that’s happened to many games this season.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Yeah Vern! Just like when you played 12 yards back off of Jason Jones when he caught that 12 yard TD pass on you. I actually like Vern, but he needs to chill on the no one quit crap. They did everything but say "uncle".

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's James jones but ya.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no way Titan D dont set franchise record. No way.

unless there is horrendous weather

51 degrees with a 10% chance of rain. Only hope Gray has is the moon phase being Waning Gibbous. That just sounds pretty real bad

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

What a ******* fool. What good stuff? WHAT GOOD STUFF HAVE WE DONE ALL SEASON?

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

7. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

We beat the Jets!

8. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haha ya. about the only thing this entire season that could be even partially considered "good stuff" is beating ****tsburgh

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Munchak is way out of touch. I can understand trying to take some kind of positive out of a bad situation but there is no excusing the ass beating Green Bay, Chicago, Houston, Indy and even Jax put on us. You can shine a piece of sh!+ but at the end of the day it's still a piece of sh!+

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

positive thinking

Negative bosses have negative employees. Sometimes you have to suck it up and say "we sucked, but we focus on the good things" even if there are no good things to see. Its a mentality.

Negative people SUCK, and they carry their negativity everywhere they go. Leaders say exactly what Munch said imo. Even if he isnt getting the results that we, he, and everyone wants.

We did the "everyone needs to go" a couple years ago. It didnt work out so well. (dont think for a second that means i want to keep everyone lol)

Just pointing out that its a mindset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar