Titans open as 3.5 point underdogs at SD

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

The Chargers are a good, underachieving team. Unfortunately, I haven't forgotten about last year's game or the year before it. In fact, I'm sure most of us chalked this one up as a loss before the season started. I like our chances a lot more now, but I wouldn't put money on it either way.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Last years game ruined my Christmas :(

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

They are a good team, no doubt about it. They lost by making a few costly mistakes, much like the Titans did in their losses. A couple things go their way and maybe their 7 and 0. But thats true with most teams.
    Its the same old thing, depends on how bad the Titans want it, how many mistakes are made , whether we get enough pressure on Rivers, t/o ratio.
    ANy team can win, no gimmes in the NFL.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's their living to make up those odds. Our struggles on the road against west coast teams and what happened last year had to influence them.

5. 10winsn2010

10winsn2010 Camp Fodder

The Chargers game plan is the same against the Titans. Keep passing short to the big receivers and make the DB's come up to prevent yards after the catch. The Titans have trouble covering and tackling the Chargers short routes for whatever reason. Then go long and get behind the defense by 10 yards or more. It's the same every game. If Gates plays, the Titans have no answer. The Chargers control the clock with the short passes and the Titans offense never really gets warmed up. The key to the game is the primary Titan defender has to make the tackle. If the Titans wiff on the first tackle like they usually do vs. the chargers it will be a long day.

6. 3gtitan

3gtitan returning video tapes

We beat Seattle and SF last yr on the road

They have no one left at WR...Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd are out. We need to double team Gates all game and bring the heat to one of the most immobile QB's in the league. We need to punish Rivers every time he drops back and make him sorry to even look down field against us.
    They lost LT...which has also killed us in the past. I am not scared of Matthews, Sproles or Tolbert...they running game this year is pathetic.
    I am excited about Britt...this will help CJ huge. We ran on them last year and I think we will have the same success this year as well. Whether it is Vince or Kerry, we should hit Britt a few times for some good gains.
    Biggest advantage is special teams and turnovers. They have been absolutely horrible in field position, which we have been great at. I am thinking field position in this game will be one reason why we will get the win. Mariani will have some runs at least to midfield if not all the way...the chargers are on their 5th STRING LONG SNAPPER. YES.....5th string!! Turnovers....what can I say...our defense in INT and sacks....this number is going up big time after sunday.
    I have a quiet confidence in our boys for this game....yes we have had our struggles against them...but look at earlier this year. The chargers had beaten the Raiders 13 times in a row before this year....13!!!!!!....times are changing guys...chalk up 6-2 going into the bye week. this is not the same old chargers against the same old titans.

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I think SD is Dallas 2.0. With that said I agree with you we need to come out and stomp there faces. SD is one of those teams that scare me to death. Going into a bye this game is extremely important when it comes to seasonal momentum. If we can get a win sunday we'll have momentum to carry us through the break because Miami is a tough team. Starting with miami we have tough string of games that will either make or break our season. Miami, Wash, Hou, Jac, Ind, Hou again and KC. Jac is the only "easy" win in that stretch. That basically our season. If we come out with 5 wins during that stretch we're playoff bound but we need the win against SD.

8. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I don't think this is the year SD will be able to pull themself out of the whole they've dug themselves. SD is a lot like the Cowboys or even the Giants (before they got hot.) I think SD will be a tough game and the game being in SD helps them but I think we pull it out in the end. They might be able to pass on us some but expect to come away with little or no points in the Red Zone, Rivers will see all kinds of pressure from only a 4 man rush which will lead to turnovers and SD will not run on us and they won't be able to win.

9. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Well, just got a message from my brother in SD. He is taking me to the game. I fly thereon Saturday.

Apparently, there are more than 9000 tickets available and, as it stands, the game is blacked out.

Watch for an Elvis in an Oilers McNair jersey and a Dolly in a Titans McNair jersey.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What are the prices looking like?

I'm getting sick of plans falling through because of a friend not planning things out well. I was supposed to be at this one for sure.

I have a free round trip plane ticket to anywhere... I actually have multiple ones that I've been saving. If I can get decent seats for a good price and find someone to go with, I'd go for sure. None of my friends are as hardcore as me, so I doubt I'll be able to find anyone... they miss Titans games to go to Cheesecake Factory for their girlfriend's b-days. Ridiculous.

I flew into Pittsburgh the day of the game last year. That sucked. Barely made it. To the other away games I've been to, it's always been the day before the game. I think I would fly in on Friday and come back Monday this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar