Titans optimistic on Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

HOUSTON -- It did not look good when Albert Haynesworth, having thrown down a blocker and in an awkward and vulnerable position had tackle Duane Brown roll up his lower left leg.

Lots of Titans fans saw a dream season flash before their eyes.

But it was a good sign he was able to put some weight on it when he finally made it off the field and against when he was seen near the training room. He declined to talk with reporters after the game and Jeff Fisher gave no real information.

The Tennessean is reporting it's a sprained MCL in Haynesworth's left knee, and Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported on NBC that Fisher told him by phone he anticipated the injury costing Haynesworth a week or two but not the remainder of the season.

No one can know for sure so soon.

More to come Monday, when Fisher doubtlessly will not have any MRI results at his afternoon press conference.

More...

2. titanoiler

titanoiler Starter

please! please! let him be ready for the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!
    we will see tomorrow with the MRI

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This is from Fisher who usually underestimates injuries.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It definitely is an MCL injury. Won't know if it is a partial tear or if there is also a partial tear of the ACL. I could see on the field that there was a negative "drawer" sign (for complete ACL tear). But I think they are just trying to throw out some positive PR right now because of the stinky game. We won't know for sure when AH can be back until the MRI results. (Which probably won't be released until Tuesday). If it is a sprain- we won't see AH again until January 10th/11th. If there is any ligament tear, then he's done.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm hoping his wallet is hurt more than his knee

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

True. I don't know how missing two games effects the agreement to not put the franchise tag on him.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Why is Fisher talking to Peter King right after the game anyways? He owes it to the fans,the people who care more about his health then some analyst to explain the status of his injury, considering hes the reason AH got hurt to begin with.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Slim to none is my bet.

He's in the Pro Bowl, probably played 60% of his snaps and we are in the playoffs.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince goes down, many fans gasp with relief and hope for a chance at doing something special. Big Al goes down and, well...the above quote says it all.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What in the world does this have to do with Vince Young? C'mon man. There isn't any sense in shameless shots like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar